Prevalence of nutritional deficiency signs among preschool children (1-3 years) of Hisar district of Haryana
Citation :- Prevalence of nutritional deficiency signs among preschool children(1-3 years) of Hisar district of Haryana .Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2017.(36):80-82
Clinical examination provides an overall impression of nutritional health and reveals specific signs of malnutrition when these exit and needed for planning promotional measures for the welfare of these children. In the present study 200 children were selected randomly from 100 AWCs of Hisar district of Haryana. The respondents were examined for various signs of nutritional deficiencies like vitamin A deficiency disease, anaemia, iodine deficiency disorder and others. Data on clinical examination revealed that clinical deficiency symptoms were present in many children.
- Jelliffe, D.B. (1966). The assessment of nutritional status of the community. WHO Monograph Series No. 53, Geneva.
- Kumari, S. (2005). Nutritional status of scheduled caste pre-school children. Indian Journal of Public Health. 49 : 258-259
- National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau, Report. (2006-07). National Institute of Nutrition of NNMB Surveys, Hyderabad.
- Rachna, Kawatra, A. and Sehgal, J. (2006). Prevalence of nutritional deficiency signs among preschool children (3-5 years) of Kaithal district of Haryana. J Dairying, foods and H.Sci. 25: 63-66.
- Rao, B.S., Yadav, R., Okey, M. and Kumar, S. (2007). Use of dietary supplements among preschool children. J. of Nutri. Sci. and Vitaminology. 55 : 317-325.