Influence of incorporation of blends of guar gum and acacia gum in the preparation of chocolate flavoured milk
Citation :- Influence of incorporation of blends of guar gum and acacia gum inthe preparation of chocolate flavoured milk .Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2016.(35):214-216
Use of hydrocolloids in low calorie flavoured milk beverages is their ability to modify the rheology with acceptable mouthfeel and improve consistency and prevent sedimentation of cocoa particles of chocolate flavoured milk by incorporation of guar and acacia gum blend at 0.1, 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6 per cent. Chocolate flavoured milk was subjected to sensory analysis using 9 point hedonic scale. Addition of guar and acacia gum blend decreased the score of colour and flavour where as increased sensory score of mouth feel and consistency and decreased creaming index which ranged from (24 to 08 per cent). It was noted that as addition of guar and acacia gum blend increased the viscosity. Blend of 0.4 per cent gum was found overall acceptable and recorded 58.8 cp and 41.5 cp viscosity which was found to be suitable viscosities to prepare the better quality chocolate flavoured milk.
- Buffo RA, Reineccius GA, Oehlert GW. (2001). Factors affecting the emulsifying and rheological properties of gum acacia in beverage emulsions. Food Hydrocolloids. ; 15:53–66.
- De Sukumar (2008). Outlines of Dairy Technology, 26th edition. Oxford University Publisher.
- Dickinson, E and Golding, M. (1997). Rheology of sodium caseinate stabilized oil-in-water emulsions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 191, 166–176.
- Keowmaneechai, E and McClements, D. J. (2002). Influence of EDTA and citrate on physicochemical properties of whey protein-stabilized oil-in water emulsions containing CaCl2. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 50: 7145–7153.
- Mitschka .P (1982 ) “Simple Conversion of Brookfield R.V.T.Readings into Viscosity Functions,” Rheologica Acta,
- 21: 207-209.
- Panse V.S. and Sukhatme P.V, (1967). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. Indian Council of Agricultural Research. New Delhi, 70-72.
- Wielinga, A. M. (2000). Galactomannans. Handbook of Hydrocolloids. P. W. GO Phillips. Boca Raton, CRC Press: 137-154.
- Yanes, M., Duran,L.,andCostell,E (2002).Rheological and optical properties of commercial milk beverages .Journal of Food Engineering, 51:67-72