Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Effect of Sugar Replacer (Stevia and Maltitol) on Quality Characteristics of Bread
First Online 11-07-2020|
- Bhise, S. and Kaur, A. (2014). Baking quality, sensory properties and shelf life of bread with polyols. Journal Food Science Technology. 51(9):2054-61. DOI: 10.1007/s13197-014-1256-3.
- Choi, S.N., Joo, M.K., Chung, N.Y., (2014). Quality Characteristics of Bread Added with Stevia Leaf Powder. Korean Journal of Food Science. 30(4):419-427.
- Ding, S., Peng, B., Li, Y., Yang, J. (2019). Evaluation of Specific Volume, Texture, Thermal Features, Water Mobility and Inhibitory Effect of staling in Wheat Bread affected by Maltitol. Journal of Food Chemistry. 283(15):123-130.
- Ghosh, S. and Sudha, M.L. (2012). A review on polyols: new frontiers for health based bakery product. International Journal Food Science Nutrition. 63:72-379. DOI: 10.3109/09637 486.2011.627846.
- Goyal, S.K., Samsher, Goyal, R.K. (2010). Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) a bio-sweetener: a review. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 61(1):1-10. DOI: 10.3109/09637 480903193049.
- Livesey, G. (2003). Health potential of polyols as sugar replacers with emphasis on low glycemic properties. Nutrition Research Reviews. 16:163-191. DOI: 10.1079/NRR200371.
- Luo, X., Arcot, J., Gill, T., Louie, J.C., Rangan, A. (2019). A review of food reformulation of baked products to reduce added sugar intake. Trends in Food Science and Technology. 83:412- 418.
- Morais, E.C., Gomez Cruz, A., Andre Bolini, H.M. (2013). Gluten-free bread: multiple time–intensity analysis, physical characterization and acceptance test. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 48:2176-2184.
- Obiegbuna, J.E., Akubor, P.I., Ishiwu, C.N., Dife, J. (2013). Effect of substituting sugar with date palm pulp meal on the physicochemical, organoleptic and storage properties of bread. African Journal of Food Science. 7(6):113-119.
- Pourfarzad, A. and Haddad khodaparast, M.H. (2011). Effect of polyols on shelf life and quality of flat bread fortified with soy flour. Journal of food process engineering. 34(5): 1435-1448. DOI: 10.1111/j.1745-4530.2009.00541.x.
- Ruiz-Ruiz, J.C., Moguel-Ordoñez, Y.B., Matus-Basto, A.J., Campos, M.R.S. (2015). Antidiabetic and antioxidant activity of Stevia rebaudiana extracts (Var. Morita) and their incorporation into a potential functional bread’. Journal Food Science Technology. 52(12):7894-7903. DOI: 10.1007/s13197-015-1883-3.
- Salazar, V.A.G., Encalada, S.V., Cruz, A.C., Campos M.R.S. (2018). Stevia rebaudiana: A sweetener and potential bioactive ingredient in the development of functional cookies. Journal of Functional Foods. 44:183-190. DOI: 10.1016/ j.jff.2018.03.007.
- Struck, S., Jaros, D., Brennan, C.S., Rohm, H. (2014). Sugar replacement in sweetened bakery goods. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 49:1963-1976. DOI: 10.1111/ijfs.12617.
- Sun, Q., Xing, Y., Xiong, L. (2014). Effect of xylitol on wheat dough properties and bread characteristics. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 49:1159-1167.
- Tong, Q., Zhang, X., Wu, F., Tong, J., Zhang, P., Zhang, J. (2010). Effect of honey powder on dough rheology and bread quality’. Food Research International. 43:2284-2288. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2010.08.002.
- Zoulias, E.L., Oreopoulou, V., Kounalaki, E. (2002). Effect of fat and sugar replacement on cookie properties. Journal Science Food Agriculture. 82:1637-1644.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.