Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Performance of Solar Drying and Evaluation of Phytochemical Profile in an Underutilized Fruit (Capparis Decidua) Ker
First Online 08-11-2019|
- Agarwal, V., Chauhan, B.M. (1988). A study on composition and hypolipedemic effect of dietary fiber from some plant foods. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, 38:189-197.
- Ajayi, S.D., Oderinde, S.F., Osibanjo, O. (1980). Vitamin C losses in cooked fresh leafy vegetables. Food Chemistry, 5(3): 243-247.
- Akpapunam, M.A. (1984). Effect of wilting, blanching and storage temperature on ascorbic acid and total carotenoids content of some Nigerian fresh vegetables. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, 34(3): 177-180.
- AOAC. (1980). Official methods of analysis of the Association of Official Agricultural
- Athanasiadis, G., Moral, P. (2013). Spatial principal component analysis points at global genetic structure in the Western Mediterranean. Journal of Human Genetics, 58 (11):762-765.
- Chaturvedi, Y. and Nagar, R. (2001). Levels of β-carotene and effects of processing on selected fruits and vegetables of the arid zone of India. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, 56:127–132.
- Chauhan, B.M., Duhan, A., Bhat, C.M. (1986). Nutritional value of Ker (Capparis decidua) fruit. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 23:106-108.
- Chemists edn. B, 125 Washington, D.C.: Association of Official Agricultural Chemists.
- Crozier, A., Lean, M.E.J., McDonald, M.S., Black, C. (1997). Quantitative analysis of the flavonoid content of commercial tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and celery. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 45:590-595.
- Goodwin, T.W. (1986). Metabolism, nutrition and functions of carotenoids. Annual Review of Nutrition, 6: 273.
- Gopalan, C., Ramashastry, B.V., Balasubramanian, S.C. (2000). Nutritive Value of Indian Foods. National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
- Henry, L.K., Catignani, G.L., Schwartz, S.J. (1998). Oxidative degradation kinetics of lycopene, lutein, and 9-cis and all-trans β-carotene. Journal of American Oil Chemists Society, 75(7): 823-829.
- Hunter, R.S., Harold, R.W. (1987). The measurement of appearance, Wiley-Interscience.
- Jain, D., Tewari, P. (2015). Performance of indirect through pass natural convective solar crop dryer with phase change thermal energy storage. Renewable Energy, 80:244-250.
- Joseph, B., Jini, D. (2011). Medicinal potency of Capparis desidua-A harsh terrain plant. Research Journal of Phyto chemistry, https:// doi.10.3923/rjphyto.2011
- Lim, Y.Y., Murtijaya, J. (2007). Antioxidant properties of Phyllanthus amarus extracts as affected by different drying methods. LWT Food Science & Technology, 40: 1664–1669.
- Machlin, L.T. (1984). Handbook of Vitamins, Nutritional, Biochemical and Clinical Aspects. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1.
- Mc Donald, S., Prenzler, P.D., Autolovich, M., Robards, K. (2001). phenolic content and antioxidant activity of olive extracts. Food Chemistry, 73:73-84.
- Nguyen, M.L., Schwartz, S.J. (1999). Lycopene: chemical and biological properties. Food Technology, 53(2):38–45.
- Nkafamiya, I.I., Manji, A.J., Modibbo, U.U., Umaru, H.A. (2006). Biochemical Evaluation of Casspourea congoensis (Tunti) and Nuclea latifloia (Luzzi) Fruits. African Journal of Biotechnology, 6(19): 2461-2463.
- Orphanides, A., Goulas, V., Gekas, V. (2013). Effect of Drying Method on the Phenolic Content and Antioxidant Capacity of Spearmint. Czech Journal of Food Science, 31(5): 509–513.
- Osborne, D.R., Voogt, P. (1978). Water-soluble vitamins. In: The analysis of nutrients in foods. London: Academic Press, pp 230-232.
- Padmavati, K., Udipi, S., Rao, M. (1992). Effects of different cooking methods on β-carotene content of vegetables. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 29: 137–140.
- Pathare, P., Opara, U.L., Al-Said Al-Julanda, F. (2012). Colour measurement and analysis in fresh and processed Foods: A review. Food Bioprocess Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s11947-012-0867-9
- Paul, R., Ghosh, U. (2012). Effect of thermal treatment on ascorbic acid content of pomegranate juice. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 11:309-313.
- Rai, S., Rai, S. (1987). Oils and fats in arid plants with particular reference to Capparis decidua L. Transactions of Indian Society of Desert Technology, 12: 99-105.
- Scita, G. (1992). Stability of beta-carotene under different laboratory conditions. Methods in Enzymology, 213:175-185.
- Tacouri, D.D., Ramful-Baboolall, D., Puchooa, D. (2013). In vitro bioactivity and phytochemical screening of selected spices used in Mauritian foods. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 3: 253-261.
- Turkmen, N., Sari, F., Velioglu, Y.S. (2005). The effect of cooking methods on total phenolics and antioxidant activity of selected green vegetables. Food Chemistry, 93:713–718.
- Van-Burden, T.P., Robinson, W.C. (1981). Formation of complexes between protein and tannin acid. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 1:77–82.
- Vongsak, B., Pongtip, S., Supachoke, M., Suchitra, T., Yuvadee, W., Wandee, G. (2013). Maximizing Total Phenolics, Total Flavonoids Content and Antioxidant Activity of Moringa oleifera Leaf Extract by The Appropriate Extraction Method. Industrial Crops and Products, 44:566-571.
- Yadav, S.K., Sehgal, S. (1997). Effect of home processing and storage on ascorbic acid and β-carotene content of Bathua (Chenopodium album) and fenugreek (Trigonellafoenum graecum) leaves. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, 50: 239-247.
- Yuanita, I.W., Kumalaningsih, S. (2016). Effect of Blanching on Saponins and Nutritional Content of Moringa Leaves Extract. Journal of Food Research, 5 (3):55-60.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.