Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Development of chocolates enriched with prebiotics from ash gourd seeds
First Online 26-09-2018|
- Al-Snafi, A.E. (2013). The Pharmacological importance of Benincasa hispida. A review. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research, 4(12): 165-170
- AOAC (2005), “Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Analytical Chemists International,”. 18th ed. Gathersburg, MD U.S.A Official methods, 2005.08.
- Ashwell G. (1957). In Colowick, S.J., & Kaplan, N.O. (Eds.) “Methods in Enzymology,” Academic Press New York, pp. 75
- Cencic, A., Chingwaru, W. (2010). The Role of Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals, and Food Supplements in Intestinal Health. Nutrients, 2: 611-625.
- Fanaro, S., Boehm, G., Garssen, J., Knol, J., Mosca, F., Stahl, B., Vigi, V. (2005). Galacto-oligosaccharides and long-chain fructo- oligosaccharides as prebiotics in infant formulas: A review. Acta Paediatrica, 94 (449): 22–26.
- FSSAI (2015) Manual of Methods of Analysis of Foods. Govt. of India. (2015). http://old.fssai.gov.in/Portals/0/Pdf/Draft_Manuals/ BEVERAGES_AND_CONFECTIONARY.pdf
- Ghosh, K., Baghel, M.S. (2011). A pharmacognostical and physiochemical study of Benincasa hispida with ayurvedic review. Journal International Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Pharmacy, 2(6): 1664-1668.
- Gibson, G.R., Roberfroid, M.D. (1995). Dietary modulation of the human colonic microbiota – Introducing the concept of prebiotics. of Nutrition, 125: 1401-1412.
- Goñi, I., García-Diz, L., Mañas, E., Saura-Calixto, F. (1996). Analysis of resistant starch: a method for foods and food products. Food Chemistry, 56(4): 445-449.
- Huebner, J., Wehling, R.L., Hutkins, R.W. (2007). Functional activity of commercial prebiotics. International Dairy Journal, 17(7): 770-775.
- Janaína, M.M.F., Bruna, M.A., Valdecir, L., Helena, M.A.B. (2017). Sensory Profile and Consumer Acceptability of Prebiotic White Chocolate with Sucrose Substitutes and the Addition of Goji Berry (Lycium barbarum). Journal of Food Science, 82(3): 818-824.
- Konar, N., Omer, S.T., Sirin, O., Osman, S. (2016). Improving functionality of chocolate: A review on probiotic, prebiotic, and/or synbiotic characteristics. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 49: 35-44.
- Morais, E.C., Morais, A.R., Cruz, A.G., Bolini, H.M.A. (2014). Development of chocolate dairy dessert with addition of prebiotics and replacement of sucrose with different high-intensity sweeteners. Journal of Dairy Science, 97: 2600-2609
- Konar, N; Omer, S.T., Sirin, O. and Osman, S. (2016). Improving functionality of chocolate: A review on probiotic, prebiotic, and/or symbiotic characteristics. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 49: 35-44.
- Ooi, L., Liong, M. (2010). Cholesterol-Lowering Effects of Probiotics and Prebiotics: A Review of in Vivo and in Vitro Findings. International Journal of Molecular Science, 11(6): 2499-2522.
- Pallavi, J.K., Arcot, J., Antony, U. (2017). Prebiotic efficiency of custard apple seeds. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 2(7): 162-168.
- Wichienchot, S., Thammarutwasik, P., Jongjareonrak, A., Chansuwan, W., Hmadhlu, P., Hongpattarakere, T., Itharat, A., Ooraikul, B. (2011). Extraction and analysis of prebiotics from selected plants from southern Thailand. Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology, 33 (5): 517-523.
- Wollowski, I., Rechkemmer, G., Beatrice, L. (2001). Protective role of probiotics and prebiotics in colon cancer. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 73(2): 451-455.
- Wildman R. (2007). (ed.) Handbook of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, 2nd edition, CRC Press, 2007
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.