Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Effect of legume supplementation on physical and textural characteristics of ready to eat cereal bars
First Online 05-09-2017|
- AACC. (2000). Approved methods of American Association of Cereal Chemists. 10th Edition, American Association of Cereal Chemists Inc., St. Paul. Minnesota.
- Ajanaku, K. O., Dawodu, F.A. , Ajanaku, C.O. and Nwinyi, O.C. (2011). Functional and nutritional properties of spent grain Enhanced Cookies. American Journal of food technology., 6 : 763-771.
- Akubor, P.I. and Ukwuru, M.U. (2003). Functional properties and biscuit making potential of soybean and cassava flour blends. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition., 58:1–12.
- Baljeet, S.Y., Ritika,B.Y. and Roshan, L.Y. (2010). Studies on functional properties and incorporation of buckwheat flour for biscuit making. International Food Research Journal., 17:1067- 1076.
- Chinma, C.E., James, S., Imam, H., Ocheme, O.B., Anuonye, J.C. and Yakubu, C.M . (2011). Physicochemical and Sensory Properties, and In-Vitro Digestibility of Biscuits Made from Blends of Tigernut (Cyperus esculentus) and Pigeon Pea (Cajanus cajan). Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences., 32:51-62.
- Claughton, S.M. and Pearce, R.J. (1989). Protein enrichment of sugar-snop cookies with sunflower protein Isolate. Journal of Food Science., 54:354–356.
- Estevez, A.M., Escobar, B. and Ugarte, V. (2000). Use of mezquite cotyledon (Prosopis chilensis (Mol) Shuntz) in the manufacturing of cereal bars. Archivos. Latinoamericanos de Nutricion., 50:148-51.
- Hooda, S. and Jood, S. (2005). Organoleptic and nutritional evaluation of wheat biscuits supplemented with untreated and treated fenugreek flour. Food Chemistry., 90:427-435.
- Izzo, M. and Niness, K. (2001). Formulating nutrition bars with inulin and oligofructose. Cereal Foods World., 46:102-106.
- Luciana, P. L., Alissanaester, I. C. P., Marcela, M. L., De Cio ,S. B., Clisia, M. C., Jose,´M. G. M. and Mariavictoria, E.G. (2011). Snack bars with high soy protein and isoflavone content for use in diets to control dyslipidaemia. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition., 63: 49-58.
- Neha, M. and Ramesh, C. (2012). Development of functional biscuit from soy flour & rice bran. International Journal of Agricultural and Food Science., 2: 14-20.
- Nouman, R. S., Mehmood-ul-Hassan, Saeeda, R., Tabassum, H. and Samina, K. (2003). Sensory and physical evaluation of biscuits supplemented with soy flour, Pakistan Journal of Food Science., 13: 45-48.
- Omer,M. T., Salim-ur-Rahman, Tahir, Z., Khalid, J. and Aamer, J. (2009). Biological evaluation of protein meals for making nutrient dense food bar. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition., 8 : 408-413.
- Rufeng, N., Enqi, L., Chuangji, C. and Jiangping, Z. (1995). A study of the production of healthy biscuit made with tartary buckwheat grown in North China. Current Advances in Buckwheat Research., 861-865.
- Simona, M., Adriana, P. and Sevastiþa, M. (2014). Preparation and quality evaluation of gluten-free biscuits . Bulletin UASVM Food Science and Technology., 71 : 38-44.
- Singh, R., Singh, G. and Chauhan, G.S. (1996). Effect of incorporation of defatted soya flour on the quality of biscuits. Journal of Food Science and Technology., 33: 355-357.
- Srivastava, S., Genitha, T.R. and Yadav,V. (2012). Preparation and Quality Evaluation of Flour and Biscuit from Sweet Potato. Journal of Food Process Technology., 3: 1-5.
- Srivastava, Y., Anil, D.S., Gopal, K.S. and Amarinder, S.B. (2010). Effect of virgin coconut meal (VCM) on the textural, thermal and physico chemical properties of biscuits. Food and Nutrition Sciences., 2: 38-44.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.