FACTORS CONSIDERED WHILE PURCHASING FURNITURE BY RURAL AND URBAN FAMIUES
Citation :- FACTORS CONSIDERED WHILE PURCHASING FURNITURE BY RURAL AND URBAN FAMIUES.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2006.(25):67-69
The present study was undertaken to examine the factors considered while purchasing furniture. The study was conducted in two randomly selected urban localities of Ludhiana city and four villages from two blocks of Ludhiana district. The total sample consisted of 120 respondents. The data were collected through an interview cum questionnaire schedule. The findings revealed that the urban families considered more aesthetic factor while buying furniture than rural families. Anthropometric suitability, adjustability and multipurpose use of furniture were hardly looked by rural respondents. Besides, latest trend! fashion, provision of special features in furniture were least put forth factors by rural families. Adjustability of parts of furniture scored least in case of urban families.
- Hsiung, Chung Darryl (1999) J. Exp. Forest Natn. Taiwan University 13: 165-180.
- Crochet,·Treena (1999) Designer's Guide to Furniture Styles Prentice- Hall Inc. New York.,
- Morton (1979) The Home-its furnishing and Equipment, McGraw Hill, Inc. USA. 271-83
- Varghese, M. A. et a/. (2000) Home Management, New Age International (P) Limited, New Delhi, 195
- William Graham (1984) Furnishing your home. Mills & Boon Limited, London, 31-39.