- A.O.A.C. (1980). Official and Tentative Methods of Analysis. (13th Ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington D.C., 1018p.
- APAARI [Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions]. (2012). Jackfruit Improvement in the Asia Pacific Region - A Status Report. Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions, Bangkok, Thailand, 182p.
- Ary, S.P. (2018). Process optimisation and shelf life study of jackfruit seed powder based chocolate. MSc. (Food Science and Technology) thesis, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 75p.
- Azeez, O.S., Lasekan, O., Jinap, S. and Sulaiman, R. (2015). Physico- chemical properties of aminoacid profile and antinutritional factors in seeds of three Malaysian grown jackfruit cultivars. J. Food Agric. Environ. 13(2): 58-62.
- Buijsse, B., Feskens, E.J., Kok, F.J. and Kromhout, D. (2006). Cocoa intake, blood pressure and cardiovascular mortality: The Zutphen Elderly Study. Arch. Int. Med. 166(4): 411-417.
- Chowdhury, A.R., Bhattacharya, A.K. and Chattopudhyay, P. (2012). Study on functional properties of raw and blended jackfruit seed flour for food application. Indian J. Nat. Products Resour. 3(3): 94-99.
- Farm Guide. (2014). Area under crops 2012-13, Farm Information Bureau, Government of Kerala, 339p.
- Jellinek, G. (1985). Sensory Evaluation of Food: Theory and Practice. Ellis Horwood, Chichester, England, 596p.
- Mehta, M. (2017). Proximate analysis of branded chocolates. Glob. J. Res. 6(7): 2277-8160.
- Mirkovic, M., Seratlic, S., Kilcawley, K., Mannion, D., Mirkovic, N. and Radulovic, Z. (2018). The sensory quality and volatile profile of dark chocolate Enriched with encapsulated probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum bacteria. Sensors. 18(8): 2570.
- Moreno, M., Torrescasana, T., Salvadó, A.J. and Blanch, C. (2015). Nutritional composition and fatty acids profile in cocoa beans and chocolates with different geographical origin and processing conditions. Food. Chem. 166: 125-132.
- Murcia, M.A. (2009). Antioxidant activity of minimally processed (in modified atmospheres), dehydrated and ready to eat vegetables. Food Chem. Toxicol. 47: 2103-2110.
- Onwuka, U.N. and Abasiekong, K.S. (2006). Production and evaluation of chocolate bars from roasted and unroasted African breadfruit and bambara groundnut flours. J. Food Process. Pres. 30: 534-548.
- Pandeay, S. (2004). Value added products and byproducts from jack fruit, Ph. D. (HSc.) thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellayani, Kerala, 308p.
- Pandey, A. and Singh, G. (2011). Development and storage study of reduced sugar soy containing compound chocolate. J. Food Sci. Technol. 48(1): 76-82.
- Rajarajeshwari, H. and Jamuna, P. (1999). Jackfruit seeds: Composition, functionality and use in product formulation. Indian J. Nutr. Dietetics. 36: 312- 319.
- Ravindran, A., Raman, M., Babu, N., Dinakaran, A., Sankar, T.V. and Gopal, T.K.S. (2020). Diet chocolates and replacement of cocoa powder with jackfruit seed powder. Food Nutr. Sci. 11: 220-233.
- Sadasivam, S. and Manickam, A. (1997). Biochemical Methods (2nd Ed.). New Age International Private Limited, New Delhi and Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, 254p.
- Shahanas, E. (2019). Process optimisation and quality evaluation of cocoa based chocolates. Ph.D. (Community Science) thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, India, 204p.
- Suzuki, M.R., Montanher, F.P., Visentainer, V.J. and Souza, E.N. (2011). Proximate composition and quantification of fatty acids in five major Brazilian chocolate brands. Campinas. 31(2): 541-546.
Submitted Date : 31-03-2021
Accepted Date : 14-09-2021