- Adams, M.R., Moss, M.O. and Mcclure, P. J. (2008). Bacterial agents of foodborne illness Staphylococcus aureus. Food Microbiology. (2): 252-256.
- Adebayotayo, B. and Akpeji, S. (2016). Probiotic viability, physicochemical and sensory properties of probiotic pineapple juice. Fermentation. 2(4): 20-25.
- Charan, S.M., Gomez, S., Sheela, K.B., Pushpalatha, P.B. and Suman, K.T. (2017). Effect of storage conditions and duration on quality of passion fruit (Passiflora edulis Sims.) nectar.
- Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 36(2): 161-165.
- Fernandes, A.G., Santos, G.M.D., Silva, D.S.D., Sousa, P.H.M.D., Maia, G.A. and Figueiredo, R.W.D. (2011). Chemical and physicochemical characteristics changes during passion fruit juice processing. Food Science and Technology. 31(3): 747-751.
- FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). (2010). Food safety and standards regulations.[online].Available:old. fssai.gov.in/Portals/0/Final_Regulations_2010.pdf. [25 Jul 2020].
- Gallina, D.A., Barbosa, P.D.P.M., Ormenese, R.D.C.S.C. and Garcia, A.D.O. (2019). Development and characterization of probiotic fermented smoothie beverage. Revista Ciência Agronômica. 50(3): 378-386.
- Gautam, N. and Sharma, N. (2014). Quality attributes of a novel cereal based probiotic product prepared by using food grade lactic acid bacteria. NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository. 13(3): 525-530.
- Jellinek, G. (1985). Sensory Evaluation of Food: Theory and Practice. Ellis Horwood, Chichester, England, 596p.
- Kumar, K.A., Ramaswamy, L., Rajendran, R. and Sundaram, S.K., (2011). Preparation and microbial evaluation of RTS beverage (punch) prepared with lactic acid fermented carrots and sweet lime juice. Journal of Food Science. 34: 2461-2464.
- Manasi, S., Jha, Y.K. and Shemelis, A. (2013). Development of probiotic beverage from whey and pineapple juice. Journal of Food Processing Technology. 4(2). 1-4.
- Monteiro, S.S., Beserra, A.S.Y., Oliveira, M.L.H. and Pasquali, M.A.D.B. (2020). Production of probiotic passion fruit (Passiflora edulis Sims f. flavicarpa Deg.) drink using Lactobacillus reuteri and microencapsulation via spray drying. Foods. 9(3): 335.
- Najumudheen, S. (2015). Optimum blend of pineapple and passion fruit juices for syrup preparation. MSc. (Food Science and Technology) thesis, University of Calicut, Calicut, 83p.
- Natt, S.K. and Katyal, P. (2021). Current trends in non-dairy probiotics and their acceptance among consumers: A Review. Agricultural Reviews. 39(3). 1-7.
- Nazarudeen, A. (2010). Nutritional composition of some lesser- known fruits used by the ethnic communities and local folks of Kerala. NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository 9(2). 398-402.
- Nguyen, B.T., Bujna, E., Fekete, N., Tran, A., Rezessy-Szabo, J.M., Prasad, R. and Nguyen, Q.D. (2019). Probiotic beverage from pineapple juice fermented with Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains. Frontiers of Nutrition. 6: 54-59.
- Nzabuheraheza, F.D. and Nyiramugwera, A.N. (2014). Golden wine produced from mixed juices of passion fruit (Passiflora edulis), mango (Mangifera indica) and pineapple (Ananas comosus). African Journal of Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Development. 14(4): 9104-9116.
- Ranganna, S. (1986). Manual of Analysis of Fruits and Vegetable Products. Tata Mc Graw Hill Publishing Co. Ltd, New Delhi, 130p.
- Sadasivam S. and Manickam, A. (1992). Biochemical Methods (2nd Ed.). New Age International Private Limited, New Delhi, 254p.
- Seale, P.E. and Sherman, G.D. (1960). Commercial passion fruit processing in Hawaii. Agricultural Food Chemistry. 6: 54-58.
- Shaw, P.E. and Wilson III, C.W. (1988). Sensory evaluation of passion fruit - orange juice blends. Lebensmittel Wissenshaft und Technologie. 21: 358- 359.
- Shukla, M., Jha, Y.K. and Admassu, S. (2013). Development of probiotic beverage from whey and pineapple juice. Journal of Food Processing and Technology. 4(2): 1-4.
- Sobhana, A., Mathew, J., AmbiliAppukutan, A. and Mredhula Raghavan, C. (2011). Blending of cashew apple juice with fruit juices and spices for improving nutritional quality and palatability. In: International symposium on cashew nut, 9-12 December 2011, Madurai. International Society of Horticultural Science, Madurai, p.375.
- Stanton, C., Ross, R.P., Fitzgerald, G.F. and Sinderen, D.V. (2005). Fermented functional foods based on probiotics and their biogenic metabolites. Current Opinion on Biotechnology. 16(2): 198-203.
- Sugandhi, G.P. (2018). Probiotics conventional benefits and cautions in intake-A review. Agricultural Reviews. 39(3): 251-254
- WHO (World Health Organisation). (2001). Health and nutritional properties of probiotics in food including powder milk with live lactic acid bacteria. WHO, Cordoba, Argentina. 168p.
- Yan-li, P.A.N. (2011). Study on fermentation technology of compound wine of pawpaw and passion Fruit. CNKI Journal. 4: 8-16.
Submitted Date : 28-12-2020
Accepted Date : 7-07-2021