- Affenito, S.G. (2005). Breakfast: a missed opportunity. J. Am. Dietet. Assoc. 107(4): 565-569.
- Arora, M., Nazar, G.P., Gupta, V.K., Perry, C.L., Reddy, K.S. and Stigler, M.H. (2012). Association of breakfast intake with obesity, dietary and physical activity behavior among urban school-aged adolescents in Delhi, India: results of a cross-sectional study. BMC Pub. Health. 12(1): 1-12.
- Ashok, N.C., Kavitha, H.S. and Kulkarni, P. (2014). A comparative study of nutritional status between government and private primary school children of Mysore city. Int. J. Health and Allied Sci. 3(3): 164-169.
- Bamji, M.S., Kamala, K. and Brahmam, G.N.V. (2009). Textbook of Human Nutrition, Oxford and IBH Publishing Private Limited. New Delhi.
- Chitra, U. and Reddy, C.R. (2006). The role of breakfast in nutrient intake of urban schoolchildren. Pub. Health Nutr. 10(01): 55-58.
- Deshmukh-taskar, P.R., Nicklas, T.A., O’neil, C.E., Keast, D.R., Radcliffe, J.D. and Cho, S. (2010). The relationship of breakfast skipping and type of breakfast consumption with nutrient intake and weight status in children and adolescents: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2006. J. American Dietet. Association. 110(6): 869-878.
- Florentino, R.F., Villavieja, G.M. and Laña, R.D. (2002). Dietary and physical activity patterns of 8-to 10-year-old urban school children in Manila, Philippines. Food and Nutr. Bulletin. 23(3): 267-273.
- Gajre, N.S., Fernandez, S., Balakrishna, N. and Vazir, S. (2008). Breakfast eating habit and its influence on attention-concentration, immediate memory and school achievement. Indian Pediatrics. 45(10): 824-828.
- ICMR, (2010). Nutrient Requirements and Recommended Dietary Allowances for Indians. National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR), Hyderabad. 160-162.
- John, S. and Narasimhan, V. (2008) Impact of breakfast pattern on the nutrient intake, physical, cognitive and academic performance of school children. Ind. J. Nutr. Dietet. 45: 54-62.
- Kral, T.V., Whiteford, L.M., Heo, M. and Faith, M.S. (2011). Effects of eating breakfast compared with skipping breakfast on ratings of appetite and intake at subsequent meals in 8- to 10-y-old children. The Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 93(2): 284-291.
- Longvah, T., Ananthan, R., Bhaskarachary, K. and Venkaiah. (2017). Nutritive Value of Indian Foods. National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR), Hyderabad. 1-168.
- Marangoni, F., Poli, A., Agostoni, C. and Di Pietro, P. (2009). A consensus document on the role of breakfast in the attainment and maintenance of health and wellness. Acta Bio. Medica. Atenei. Parmensis. 80(2): 166-171.
- Nicklas, T.A., Morales, M., Linares, A., Yang, S.J., Baranowski, T., DE Moor, C. and Berenson, G. (2004). Children’s meal patterns have changed over a 21-year period: the Bogalusa heart study. J. Am. Diet. Assoc. 104(5): 753-761.
- NIPCCD, (2012). Statistics on Children in India - Hand Book. National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, New Delhi.
- O’neil, C.E., Byrd-bredbenner, C., Hayes, D., Jana, L., Klinger, S.E. and Stephenson-martin, S., (2014). The role of breakfast in health: Definition and criteria for a quality breakfast. J. Acad. Nutr. and Dietet. 114(12): S8-S26.
- Rani, N.J.S. (2012). Effects of socioeconomic status on the nutritional and health status of elementary school children. Ind. Health J. 56: 36-41.
- Sunita, K. and Jain, R. (2005). Assessment of nutritional status of school children from rural Bihar. Ind. J. Nutr. Dietet. 42: 326-334.
- Suvarna (2007). Nutritional status, level of intelligence and participation in extracurricular activities of school children. Master’s Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Vereecken, C., Dupuy, M., Rasmussen, M., Kelly, C., Nansel, T.R., Al Sabbah, H., Baldassari, D., Jordan, M.D., Maes, L., Niclasen, B.V.L. and Ahluwalia, N. (2009). Breakfast consumption and its socio-demographic and lifestyle correlates in schoolchildren in 41 countries participating in the HBSC study. Int. J. Pub. Health. 54: 180-190.
- Vijaya, K. and Ravikiran, E. (2013). Kuppuswamy’s socio-economic status scale-updating income ranges for the year 2013. Nat. J. Res. in Community Med. 2(2): 079-148.
Submitted Date : 13-10-2020
Accepted Date : 13-01-2021