- Amaravathi, T., Vennila, P., Hemalatha, G. and Parimalam, P. (2014). Spiced pineapple Ready-to-Serve beverages. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 7: 1827–31.
- Bailey, Stephen J., Winyard, Paul, Vanhatalo, Anni, Blackwell, Jamie R., DiMenna, Fred J., Wilkerson, Daryl P., Tarr, Joanna, Benjamin, Nigel and Jones, Andrew M. (2009). Dietary nitrate supplementation reduces the O2 cost of low- intensity exercise and enhances tolerance to high-intensity exercise in humans. Journal of Applied Physiology. 107: 1144–55.
- Bavec, Martina, Turinek, Matjaž, Grobelnik-Mlakar, Slatnar, Ana and Bavec. Franc (2010). Influence of industrial and alternative farming systems on contents of sugars, organic acids, total phenolic content and the antioxidant activity of red beet (Beta Vulgaris L. Ssp. Vulgaris Rote Kugel). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 58: 11825–31.
- Chawla H, Parle M, Sharma K, Yadav M. (2016). Beetroot: A health promoting functional food. Inventi Rapid/ : Nutraceuticals. 2016: 1–5.
- Clifford, Tom, Glyn Howatson, Daniel J. West and Emma J. Stevenson. (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients. 7: 2801–22.
- Drewnowski, Adam and Nicole Darmon. (2005). Energy density, food costs and portion size food choices and diet costs/ : An economic analysis. J Nutr. 135: 900–904.
- Figiel, Adam. (2010). Drying kinetics and quality of beetroots dehydrated by combination of convective and vacuum- microwave methods. Journal of Food Engineering. 98: 461–70.
- Georgiev, Vasil Georgiev, Jost Weber, Eva Maria Kneschke, Petko Nedyalkov Denev, Thomas Bley and Atanas Ivanov Pavlov. (2010). Antioxidant activity and phenolic content of betalain extracts from intact plants and hairy root cultures of the red beetroot Beta Vulgaris Cv. Detroit Dark Red. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition. 65: 105–11.
- Gokhale, S.V. and Lele, S.S. (2011). Dehydration of red beet root (Beta Vulgaris) by hot air drying: Process optimization and mathematical modeling. Food Science and Biotechnology. 20: 955–64.
- International, Aoac. (1995). Official Methods of Analysis of Association of Official Analytical Chemistry. Vol. 02. 16th ed. edited by K. Helrich.
- Kazimierczak, Renata, Darja Matt, Nadzieja Drela, Ewelina Hallmann, et al. (2014). Beetroot (Beta Vulgaris L.) and naturally fermented beetroot juices from organic and conventional production: metabolomics, antioxidant levels and anticancer activity. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 94: 2618-29.
- Khan, Mohammad Imtiyaj, Joseph, K.M. Denny, Muralidhara, Ramesh, H.P., Giridhar, P. and Ravishankar, G.A. (2011). Acute, subacute and subchronic safety assessment of betalains rich rivina humilis L. berry juice in rats. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 49: 3154-57.
- Kohli, Gautam, Gaurav Jain, Akshay Bisht, Ashutosh Upadhyay, Anit Kumar and Shardul Dabir. (2019). Effect of Non- Thermal Hurdles in Shelf Life Enhancement of Sugarcane Juice. Lwt-Food Science and Technology. 112: pp. 108233
- Kowalski, S.J. and Szadziñska, J. (2014). Kinetics and quality aspects of beetroots dried in non-stationary conditions. Drying Technology. 32: 1310–18.
- Latorre, María E., Bonelli, Pablo R., Rojas, Ana M. and Gerschenson, Lia N. (2011). Microwave inactivation of red beet (Beta Vulgaris L. Var. Conditiva) peroxidase and polyphenoloxidase and the effect of radiation on vegetable tissue quality. Journal of Food Engineering. 109: 676–84.
- Lundberg, Jon O., Mattias Carlstörm, Larsen, Filip J. and Weitzberg, Eddie (2010). Roles of dietary inorganic nitrate in cardiovascular health and disease. Cardiovascular Research. 89: 525–32.
- Herbach, M., Kirsten, Florian C. Stintzing and Reinhold Carle (2006). Betalain stability and degradation-structural and chromatic aspects. Journal of Food Science. 71: 41-50.
- Mahn, K., Hoffmann, C. and Märländer, B. (2001). Distribution of quality components in different morphological sections of sugar beet (Beta Vulgaris L.). European Journal of Agronomy. 17: 29–39.
- Nwachukwu, E. and F.C. Ezejiaku. (2014). Original research article microbial and physicochemical characteristics of locally produced pineapple juice treated with garlic and ginger. 3: 895–901.
- Sharif, Mian Kamran, Butt, Masood Sadiq, Sharif, Hafiz Rizwan and Nasir, Muhammad (2017). Sensory evaluation and consumer acceptability. In: Handbook of Food Science and Technology, edited by T.Z. Butt and M. Sadiq. Pp. 362-86.
- Sri Vidhya and Radhai Sri. (2018). Quality characteristics of developed beetroot juice. International Journal of Food and Nutritiional Sciences. 10: 1-15.
- Tesoriere, L., Butera, D., D’Arpa, D., Di Gaudio, F., Allegra, M., C. and Livrea, M.A. (2003). Increased Resistance to Oxidation of Betalain-Enriched Human Low Density Lipoproteins. Free Radical Research. 37: 689-96.
- Thakur, Vandana and Dilip Kumar Das Gupta. (2006). Studies on the clarification and concentration of beetroot juice. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 30: 194-207.
- Varner, Audrey Sandra. (2014). Modeling and optimization of the dehydration of beets for use as a value-added food ingredient.
- Watts, B.M., Ylimaki, G.L., Jeffery, L.E. and Elias, L.G. (1989). Sensory Tests: Descriptions and Applications Sensory. In: Basic sensory methods for food evaluation. P. 228
- Woo, K.K., Ngou, F.H., Ngo, L.S., Soong, W.K. and Tang, P.Y. (2011). Stability of betalain pigment from red dragon fruit (Hylocereus Polyrhizus). American Journal of Food Technology. 6: 140–48.
- Wootton-Beard, Peter C. and Lisa Ryan. (2011). A beetroot juice shot is a significant and convenient source of bioaccessible antioxidants. Journal of Functional Foods. 3: 329–34.
Submitted Date : 15-01-2020
Accepted Date : 16-03-2020