- Ahmad, A., Wang, Z., Ali, R., Maitah, M.Y., Kong, D. and Banerjee, S. (2010). Apoptosis-inducing effect of garcinol is mediated by NF-kappa B signaling in breast cancer cells. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 109:1134–1141.
- Cadenas E and Packer L. (1996). Hand Book of Antioxidants. Plenum, New York.
- Chandran, M. D. S. (1996). Nature watch: The Kokum tree.Resonance. 1: 86"89.
- Chemexcil (1992). Selected medicinal plants of India. Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Export Promotion Council, Bombay 400039, India.
- Deore, A.B., Sapakal, V.D. and Naikwade N.S. (2011). Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of Garcinia indica linn fruit rind. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy. 02(06): 23-26.
- Dushyantha, D.K., Girish, D.N. and Suvarna, V.C. (2010). Native lactic acid bacterial isolates of kokum for preparation of fermented beverage. E Journals of Academic Research and Reviews. 2:21–24.
- Einbond LS, Reynertson KA, Luo XD, Basile MJ and Kennelly EJ. (2004). Anthocyanin antioxidants from edible fruits. Food Chemistry. 84: 23-28.
- Jena BS, Jayaprakasha GK, Singh RP and Sakariah KK. (2002). Chemistry and Biochemistry of (-)-Hydroxycitric Acid from Garcinia. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 50: 10-22.
- Krishnamurthy, N. (1984). Chemical and technological studies on coloring matters from natural sources for use in foods, PhD Thesis, Mysore University, Mysore, Karnataka, India.
- Liao CH, Ho CT and Lin JK. (2005). Effects of garcinol on free radical generation and NO production in embryonic rat cortical neurons and astrocytes. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 329: 1306-1314.
- Mishra A, Bapat MM, Tilak JC and Thomas PA. (2006). Antioxidant activity of Garcinia indica (kokum) and its syrup. Current Science. 91(1): 90-93.
- Nayak CA, Rastogi NK and Raghavarao KSMS. (2010). Bioactive constituents present in Garcinia indica Choisy and its potential food applications: A review. International Journal of Food Properties. 13(3): 441-453.
- Nayak, C.A., Srinivas, P. and Rastogi, N.K. (2010). Characterization of anthocyanin from Garcinia indica choisy. Food Chemistry. 118: 719"724.
- Padhye, S., Ahmad, A., Oswal, N., and Sarkar, F. H. (2009). Emerging role of Garcinol, the antioxidant chalcone from Garcinia indica Choisy and its synthetic analogs. Journal of Hematology and Oncology. 2: 38"49.
- Parthasarathy U and Nandakishore OP. (2016). Garcinia bark exudates - an important phytochemical source. Curr. Sci. 110: 1617-1619.
- Parthasarathy U, Nandakishore OP, Kumar SR, Babu NK, Zachariah TJ and Parthasarathy VA. (2012). Chromatographic fingerprinting and estimation of organic acids in selected Garcinia species. Int. J. Innovative Horticulture. 1: 68-73.
- Patil S, Shirol AM and Kattimani KN. (2009). Variability studies in physico-chemical parameters in kokum (Garcinia indica Choicy) for syrup preparation. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Science. 22(1): 244-245.
- Peter KV. (2001). Handbook of Herbs and Spices. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA.
- Prajakta Jagtap, Kiran Bhise, Vijayalakshmi Prakya. (2015). A Phytopharmacological Review on Garcinia indica. International Journal of Herbal Medicine. 3(4): 02-07.
- P.C. Tripathi, R. Senthilkumar, V Sankar and G. Karunakaran. (2014). Kokum (Garcinia india) – A potential fruits of Western Ghats Bulletin. Central Horticultural Experiment Station Indian Institute of Horticultural Research Chettalli – 571 248, Kodagu, Karnataka.
- Sheela, K., Nath, K.G., Vijayalakshmi, D., Yankanchi, G.M. and Patil, R.B. (2004). Proximate composition of underutilized green leafy vegetables in Southern Karnataka. Journal of Human Ecology. 15: 227–229.
- Shrikant Baslingappa Swami, Thakor N.J. and Patil S.C. (2014). Kokum(Garcinia Indica) and its many functional components as related to the human health: A Review. Journal of Food Research and Technology | October-December. 4:130-142.
- Varalakshmi, K.N., Sangeetha, C.G., Shabeena, A.N., Sunitha, S.R. and Vapika J. (2010). Antimicrobial and cytotoxic effects of Garcinia indica fruit rind extract. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. 7: 652-656
- Yamaguchi F, Saito M, Ariga T, Yoshimura Y and Nakazawa H. (2000). Antioxidative and anti- glycation activity of garcinol from Garcinia indica fruit rind. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 48:180-185.
- Yoshikawa T. (2000). Free Radicals in Chemistry, Biology and Medicine. OICA International (UK), London, PP 580.
Submitted Date : 7-11-2019
Accepted Date : 19-12-2019