Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Enteral Nutrition: A Health Approach
First Online 08-11-2019|
- Alexander, D.D., Bylsma, C., Elkayam, L., Nguyen, L.D. (2016). Nutritional and health benefits of semi-elemental diets: A comprehensive summary of the literature. World Journal of Gastrointestinal Pharmacology and therapeutics. 7(2): 306-319.
- Bell, S.J., Bistrian, B.R., Wade, J.E. and Blackburn, G.L. (1987). Modular enteral diets: cost and nutritional value comparisons. Journal of the American Dietetic Assocociation: 87(11). 1526-30.
- Boullata, J.J., Carrera, L.A., Harvey, L., Escure, A.A., Hudson, L., Mays, A., McGinnis, C., Wessel, J.J., Bajpai, S., Beebe, L.M., Kinn, J.T., Klang, G.M., Lord, L., Martin, K., Wolfe, P.C., Sullivan, J., Wood, A. and Malone, A. (2017). ASPEN Safe practices for enteral nutrition therapy. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 41: 15-103
- Chen, Q.P. (2001). Enteral Nutrition and acute pancreatitis. (2001). World Journal of Gastroenterology. 7(2). 182-192.
- Dao, T.D., Bustillos, A.L., Cho, S.B., Li, Z., Puder, M. and Gura, M.K. (2017). Assessment of micronutrient status in critically ill children: challenges and opportunities. Nutrients. 9(11):1-26.
- Farrell, J.J. (2010). Digestion and absorption of nutrients and Vitamins. In: Feldman, M., Friedman, L.S., Sleisenger, M.H, Eds sleisenger and Fordtran’s gastrointestinal and liver disease: pathophysiology, diagnosis, management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, p.1695.
- Fietkau, R., Lewitzki, V., Kuhnt, T., Holscher, T., Hess, C.F., Weigel, T., Rodel, C., Niewald, M., Hermann, R.M. and Lubgan, D.A. (2013). Disease- specific: enteral nutrition formula improves nutritional status and functional performance in patients with head and neck and esophageal cancer undergoing chemoradiotherapy: results of a randomized, controlled, multicancer trial. Cancer: 119(18): 3343-53
- Fssai:https://www.fssai.gov.in/…/Direction-Nov 24, 2016
- Hebar, A., Koller, C., Seifert, M.J., Chabicovsky, M., Bodenteich, A., Schnurch, B.A. and Grassauer, P.E. (2015). Non-clinical safety evaluation of intranasal lota-carrageenan. Plos ONE. 10(4): 1-16.
- Kachmarczyk, M.M., Miller, J.M. and Freund, G.G. (2012). The health benefit of dietary fiber: beyond the suspects of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and colon cancer. Metabolism. 61(8): 1058-1066.
- Kannan, M. (2008). Nutrition in critically ill patients. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia. Suppl.52 (5): 642-651.
- Nilesh, R.M., Vilas, A.P., Ambadas, S.J., Nilesh, M. (2011). Formulation development of enteral nutrition products. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2(3): 19-28.
- Pan, D.X., Chen, Q.F., Wu, T., Tang, G.H. and Zhao, Y.Z. (2009). Prebiotic oligosaccharides change the concentration of short chain fatty acids and the microbial population of mouse bowel. Journal of Zhejiang University Science B. 10(4). 258-263.
- Pearce, B.C. and Duncun, D.H. (2002). Enteral feeding. Nasogastric, nasojejunal, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy or jejunostomy: its indication and limitation. Postgraduate Medicine: 78(918): 198-204.
- Preiser, C.J., Zanten, A., Mette, M.B., Biolo, G., Casaer, P.M., Doig, S.G., Griffiths, D.R., Heyland, K.D., Hiesmayr, M., Lapichino, G., Laviano, A., Pichard, C., Singer, P., Berghe, D.V.G., Wernerman, J., Wischmeyer, P. and Vincent, L. (2015). Metabolic and nutritional support of critically ill patients: consensus and controversies. Critical care. 19(1). 35.
- Rastogi, S. (2010). Eat right to stay bright- Manage diet to manage disease, Kindle edition. Popular Prakashan. PVT.LTD.
- Savino, P. (2018). Knowledge of constituent ingredients in enteral nutrition formulas can make a difference in patient response to enteral feeding. Nutrition in clinical Practice. 33(1):90-98.
- Seres, S.D., Valcarcel, M. and Guillaume, A. (2013). Advantages of enteral nutrition over parenteral nutrition. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology. 6(2): 157-167.
- Silk, D.B., Fairclough, P.D., Clark, M.L., Hegarty, J.E., Marrs, T.C., Addison, J.M., Burston, D., Clegg, K.M. and Mathews, D.M. (1980). Use of peptide rather than free amino acid nitrogen source in chemically defined “elemental” diets. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 4(6): 548-53.
- Weber, E. and Ehrlein, H.J. (1999). Composition of enteral diets and meal providing optimal absorption rates of nutrients in mini pig. American Journal of clinical Nutrition. 69(3): 556-63
- Zadak, Z. and Kent- Smith. (2009). L. Basics in clinical nutrition: commercially prepared formulas. The European e-journal of clinical nutrition and Metabolism. 4: 212-215.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.