Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Cooking and organoleptic quality of pre-treated foxtail millet (Setaria italica) rice
First Online 27-12-2018|
- Ali, A. W., Singh, P., Manzoor, A. S., Ute, S., Khalid, G. and Idrees, A. W., (2012), Rice starch diversity: Effects on structural, Morphological, thermal, and physicochemical properties-A Review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 11(5):417-436.
- Eliasson, A., (2004), Starch in Food Structure, Function and Applications. Woodhead Publishing Limited., England.
- Huffman, S. L. and Martin, L. H., (2004), First feedings: Optimal feeding of infant and toddlers. Nutr. Res., 14: 127-159.
- Khatoon, N. and Prakash, J., (2007), Physico-chemical characteristics, cooking quality and sensory attributes of microwave cooked rice varieties. Food Sci. Technol. Res., 13(1): 35-40.
- Kongseree, N., Wongpiyachon, S., Sawangjit, P., Youngsuk, L. and Hirannupakorn, W., 2002, Production of instant rice. Research during 1991-2001. Department of Rice Research and Development, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand, pp.45-49.
- Mannuramath, M. and Yenagi, N., (2014), Evaluation of little millet varieties for physical, nutritional and processing qualities. Academic and Law Serials., 10(2):131-140.
- Mannuramath, M. and Yenagi, N., (2015), Optimization of hydrothermal treatment for little millet grains (Panicummiliare). Food Sci. Technol., 52(11): 55-59.
- Nazni, P. and Shobana Devi, R., (2016), Effect of processing on the characteristics changes in barnyard and foxtail millet.J. Food Process Technol., 7: 3.
- Sareepuang, K., Siriamornpun, S., Wiset, L. and. Meeso, N., (2008), Effect of soaking temperature on physical, chemical and cooking properties of parboiled fragrant rice. World J. Agric Sci., 4(4): 409-415.
- Schoch, T. J. (1964), Swelling power and solubility of granular starches. In: Carbohydrate Chemistry, [Ed. Whistler, R. L., Smith, R. J., Miller, N. J. and Wolform, M. I.,] Academic Press, New York, pp. 106-108.
- Wang, J. P., An, H. Z., Jin, Z. Y., Xie, Z. J., Zhuang, H. N. and Kim, J. M., (2011), Emulsifierand thickeners on extrusion-cooked instant rice product. J. Food Sci. Technol., pp.1-12.
- Yu, Y., Lingyan, G., Songming, Z., Yao, Z. and Qiuting, Z., (2015), Effect of presoaking high hydrostatic pressure on the cooking properties of brown rice. J. Food Sci. Technol.,52(12):7904–7913.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.