Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
Effect of processing method on nutritional quality of black soybean
First Online 06-06-2018|
- Adegbehingbe, K. T. (2014). Effect of fermentation on nutrient composition and anti-nutrient contents of ground lima bean seeds fermented with Aspergillus fumigatus, Rhizopus stolonifer and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. International Journal of Advanced Research, 2: 1208-1215.
- Adeparusi, E. O. (2001). Effect of processing on the nutrients and anti-nutrients of lima bean (Phaseolus lunatus L.) flour. Nahrung., 45:94- 6.
- Akajiaku, L.O., Nwosu, J.N., Onuegbu, N.C., Njoku, N.E. and Egbeneke, C.O (2014). Proximate, mineral and anti-nutrient composition of processed (soaked and roasted) Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) seed nut. Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science Journal. 2(3):136-145.
- AOAC (2005). Official Methods of Analysis (16th ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC:
- Audu, S. S. and Aremu, M. O. (2011). Effect of processing on chemical composition of red kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) flour. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 10: 1069-1075.
- Baddi Jayalaxmi, D. Vijayalakshmi, Ravindra Usha and M.L. Revanna, R. Chandru and P.H. Ramanjini Gowda (2016) Effect of different processing methods on proximate, mineral and antinutrient content of lima bean (Phaseolus lunatus) seeds. Legume Research, 39 (4), 543-549.
- Bashir, A.Y., Abdullahi, S.A. and Suleman, B. (2016). Effect of roasting on the proximate, mineral and antinutrient composition of Tamarandus indica seednuts. FUW Trends in Science and Technology Journal. 1(2): 493-496.
- Bau, H., Villaume, C., Nicolas, J. and Mejean, L. (1997). Effect of germination on chemical composition, biochemical constitutes and antinutritional factors of soya bean (Glycine max) seeds. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 73: 1-9.
- D’souza, M. R. (2013). Effect of traditional processing methods on nutritional quality of field bean. Advances in Bioresearch, 14: 29-33.
- Felix Ifeanyi Nwafor, Sheily Nneka Egonu, Nkechinyere Onyekwere Nweze, Nnedinso Ohabuenyi(2017) Effect of processing methods on the nutritional values and anti-nutritive factors of Adenanthera pavonina L. (Fabaceae) seeds. African Journal of Biotechnology. 16 (3):106-112.
- Jood, S., Mehta, U., and Singh, R. (1986). Effect of processing on available carbohydrates in legumes. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 34(3): 417-420.
- Kwon, S. H., Ahn, I. S., Kim, S. O., Kong, C. S., Chung, H. Y., Do, M. S., and Park, K. Y.( 2007). Anti-obesity and hypolipidemic effects of black soybean anthocyanins. Journal of Medicinal Food. 10(3): 552-556.
- Mubarak, A. E. (2005). Nutritional composition and antinutritional factors of mung bean seeds (Phaseolus aureus) as affected by some home traditional processes. Food Chemistry. 89(4): 489-495.
- Nonogaki, H., Bassel, G.W. and Bewley, J. W. (2010). Germination-still a mystery. Plant Science, 179: 574-581.
- Nwafor, F.I., Egonu, S.N., Nweze, N.O., and Ohabuenyi, N. (2017). Effect of processing methods on the nutritional values and anti- nutritive factors of Adenanthera pavonina L. (Fabaceae) seeds. African Journal of Biotechnology,16(3):106-112.
- Ndidi, U. S., Ndidi, C. U., Olagunju, A., Muhammad, A., Billy, F. G., and Okpe, O. (2014b). Proximate, antinutrients and mineral composition of raw and processed (Boiled and Roasted) Sphenostylis stenocarpa seeds from Southern Kaduna, Northwest Nigeria. ISRN nutrition, 2014. Volume 2014, Article ID 280837, 9 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/280837
- Ndidi, U. S., Ndidi, C. U., Aimola, I. A., Bassa, O. Y., Mankilik, M., & Adamu, Z. (2014a). Effects of processing (boiling and roasting) on the nutritional and antinutritional properties of bambara groundnuts (Vigna subterranea [L.] Verdc.) from Southern Kaduna, Nigeria. Journal of Food Processing, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 472129, 9 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/ 472129
- Odiba, C. O. (2011). The effect of toasted soyabean seeds (Glycine max. Merr.) on growth performance of weaner rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus). PhD thesis submitted to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria.
- Olanipekun O. T., Omenna E. C., Olapade O. A. Suleiman, P. and Omodara O. G. (2015) Effect of boiling and roasting on the nutrient composition of kidney beans seed flour.Sky Journal of Food Science.4(2) pp: 024-029.
- Saulawa, L.A., Yaradua, A.I. and Shuaibu, L. (2014). Effect of different processing methods on proximate, mineral and anti nutritional factors content of baobab (Adansonia digitata) seeds. Pakistan. Journal of Nutrition, 13: 314-318
- Sharma, D., Gupta, R., and Joshi, I.(2014). Nutrient analysis of raw and processed soybean and development of value added soybean noodles. Inventi Rapid: Life Style, (1):1-5.
- Snedecor , G. W., Cochran, W. G. (1994). Statistical Methods. Oxford and IBH publishing Co., New Delhi, India.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.