SHELF LIFE OF KHOA Prepared IN BEED DISTRICT OF MAHARASHTRA STATE
Citation :- SHELF LIFE OF KHOA Prepared IN BEED DISTRICT OF MAHARASHTRA STATE .Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2012.(31):173 - 175
In all 55 samples of khoa were collected from 11 talukas of Beed district of Maharashtra state. The samples were stored for 2, 4 and 6 days at room temperature and 6, 8 and 10 days at 5 0C. On the basis of sensory evaluation, microbial quality and acidity of the samples, it was inferred that the samples were acceptable for two days at room temperature and 10 days at 50C.
- Aneja, R. P. (1997) In; Dairy India. Ed P.R.Gupta, 5Th edn., 371 – 386.
- Goyal, G. K. (1998) New Packages for Traditional Dairy products. Advances in Traditional Dairy products, NDRI Karnal, 156-160.
- ISI (1969) IS 5402 Indian Standard Method for Plate count of Bacteria in Food Stuff, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- ISI (1969) IS 5403 Indian Standard Methods for Yeast and Mould count in Food Stuff, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Karale, S.D. (2000) M.Sc. Thesis submitted to Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola.
- Kumar, A., Rajorhia G.S. and Srinivasan M.R. (1975) Effect of modern packaging material on the keeping quality of khoa, J. Food Sci.Technol.12:172-177.
- Naidu, K.A. and Rangnathan B.(1965) Studies on microbial deterioration of khoa, Indian J. Dairy Sci.,18: 4-9.
- Patil, G.R. (2002) Present status of traditional dairy products, Indian Dairyman 54: 10:156-160.
- Rajorhia, G. S. and Srinivasan M. R. (1979) Technology of khoa: Review, Indian J.Dairy Sci., 32: 209-216.
- Rajorhia, G.S., Dharmpal, F.C. Garg and, R.S. Patel (1990) Effect of quality of milk on chemical, sensory and reheological properties of khoa, Indian J.Dairy Sci., 43 : 220-21.
- Rudrakeshaappa, K.G. and De S. (1971) Studies on Preservation of khoa, J. Food Sci.Technol., 8: 50-52.
- Sharma, G.R., Saswat D.S. and Sharma S.D. (1972) Studies on bacteriological quality of khoa, Indian J.Dairy Sci., 25: 30 -34