EFFECT OF ADDITION OF WATER ON QUAUTY OFMILK
Citation :- EFFECT OF ADDITION OF WATER ON QUAUTY OFMILK.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2006.(25):242-244
Increased concentration of hard water in milk showed the adverse effect on quality of milk by increasing the acidity, there by reducing the shelf life of milk. Usage of hard water leads to high number of coliforms in milk, while the addition of soft water decreased the acidity and reduced the levels of coliforms in raw milk leading to improvement in shelf life. The consumption of boiled milk is necessary, as raw milk adultered by vendoiS with water irrespective of its type could be a major source of contamination.
- ISI(1981) SP:18. Hand Book ofFood Analysis, (Part XI), Dairy Products, Indian Standards Institution, Manak Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Karpude, A.A. et al., (1987) Asian J. Dairy Res. 6:83-85.
- Kumari, B.R.B. et al., (1995), Indian J. Dairy and Bio. Sci. 6,48-50. . •
- Ramteka, Pw. et ai, (1992): Indian J. Appl. Bact., 72:352-354.
- Sallae, A.J. (1974) Fundamental Principles of Bacteriology, 71b ed. Tata McGraw Hill Publication Company Ltd. New Delhi, PP : 691