- Abdul-Ghani, M. A., Kher, J., Abbas, N andNajami, T. (2005). Association of high body mass index with low age of disease onset among Arab Women with Type 2 Diabetes in a Primary Care Clinic. Israel Medical Association Journal. 7(6): 360–63.
- Abdullah, R., and Kayama, H. (2009). Broccoli enhances chemo sensitivity of cancer cells. J Nanobiotechnology: 9: 98-102.
- Albu, J., and Pi-Sunyer, X. (1998). Obesity and diabetes. In: G.A. Bray, C. Bouchard and W.P.T. James (Eds.): Handbook of Obesity. Marcel Dekker, New York. p. 697-703.
- Anonymous. (2005). Clinical resource efficiency support team, Guidelines for the management of obesity in secondary care (www.gain- in.org/guidelenes/obesity-wallchart.pdf).
- Balagopal, P., Kamalamma, N., Patel, G.T and Misra, R. (2008). A community based diabetes prevention and management education program in a rural village in India. Diab Care, 31(6): 1097-104.
- Choudhary, M. (2010). Hypoglycemic and Hypolipidemic Effect of Aloe vera L. in Non-insulin Dependent Diabetics. M.Sc. Thesis, Punjab Agricultural University,Ludhiana, Punjab
- Guariguata L,whiting D,Hambleten I ,BeagleyJ,Linnenkamp U and ShawJE(2014) Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2013 and projections for 2035.Diabetes Res Clin pract 103(2):137-49.
- Heydari, G. H., Moslemi, S., Heydari, Q and Kebriaei, A. (2006). Effects of proper nutrition education on BMI reduction and changes on FBS, cholesterol and triglycerides rates of type 2 diabetic patients. J Med Sci 6(3): 374-77.
- James, W.P.T., Ferro-Luizzi., and Waterlow, J.C. (1988). Definition of chronic energy deficiency in adult. Report of working party of intervention dietary energy consultation group. Am. J. Clin. Nutr 42: 969-81
- Jelliffe, D.B. (1966). The Assessment of Nutritional Status of the Community. WHO Monograph Series No. 53. WHO, Geneva
- Kartal, A., and Altuð and Özsoy, S. (2007). Int. J Nursing Studies 44(8): 1447–58
- Kochhar, A., Nagi, M. and Sachdeva, R. (2005). Impact of nutrition counseling and supplementation of medicinal plants on the anthropometry and blood pressure of the diabetic subjects. J Human Ecology 18: 235-38
- Malek, M., and Çakýroðlu, F.P. (2013). The effects of nutritional education on patients with type–II diabetes on the nutritional knowledge and consumption. European Journal of Experimental Biology 3(1):217-22
- Mann, S.K. and Khanna, N. (2013). Health promoting effects of phytochemicals from Brassicaceae: A Review Indian J. Pharm. Biol. Res 1 (3): 120-30.
- Miller, C.K., Edwards, L., Kissling, G and Sanville, L. (2002). Nutrition education improves metabolic outcomes among older adults with diabetes mellitus: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Preventive Medicine 34: 252-59.
- Mishra, P.K. and Mukherjee, V. (2012). Broccoli, a rich source of nutrition and medicinal value. Proceedings Nat. Seminar on Natural Resource, VBU, Hazaribag. 38-41.
- Monga, S., Sachdeva, R., Kochhar, A. and Banga, K. (2008). Efficacy of nutrition counseling on the knowledge, attitude and practice of working women. Stud Home Comm Sci, 2(2): 99-102.
- Ovayolu, N., Parlar, S. and Karakaº, S. (2003). Nursing Forum 4(4): 19–23.
- Ray, K.S., and Iqbal, R. (2011). Body Composition: Term and Techniques. In. Ray KS, Subbulakshi G, Subhadra M (ed) Methodologies for fitness assessment. Ane book Pvt. Lmt. India. Pp 6-23.
- Rezai, N., Tahbaz, F., Kimiyagar, M. and Alavi, H. (2007). Shahrkork University of Medical Sciences; 8(2): 52–58.
- Satpute, D.A., Patil, P.H., Kuchake, V.G., Ingle, P.V., Surana, S.J. and Dighore, P.N. (2009). Assessment of impact of Patient Counselling, Nutrition and Exercise in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of PharmTech Research 1(1):1-21
- Skinner, T.C. and Hampson, S.E. 2001. Personal models of diabetes in relation to self-care, well-being, and glycemic control. Diabetes Care 24: 828–33.
- Srivastava, R., Mani, I., and Mani, U. (1998). An exploratory study of the role of diabetic education in control of diabetes mellitus. Proceedings of Nutrition Society of India, NIN, Hyderabad 34: 99
- Tseng, C.H., Chong, C.K., Sheu, J.J., Wu, T. H. and Tseng, C. P. (2005). Prevalence and risk factors for stroke in Type 2 diabetic patients in Taiwan: A cross-sectional survey of a national sample by telephone interview. Diabetic Medicine 22(4): 477–482.
- Vincent, D., Clark, L., Zimmer, L.M. and Sanchez, J. (2006). Using focus group to develop a culturally develop competent diabetes self- management program for Mexican Americans. The Diabetes Educator 32(1): 89–97.
- Visser, A. and Snock, F. (2004). Perspectives on education and counseling for diabetes patients. Patient Education and Counselling 53 (3): 251–55.
- Viswanathan, M. and Mohan, V. (1991). Dietary management of Indian vegetarian diabetics. NFI Bulletin, 12: 1-3
Submitted Date : 15-10-2014
Accepted Date : 9-08-2017