STUDY OF ORAGANOLEPTIC QUALITY ON AONLA MURABBA DURING STORAGE
Citation :- STUDY OF ORAGANOLEPTIC QUALITY ON AONLA MURABBA DURING STORAGE.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2014.(33):67-70
Firm mature fruits of three aonla cultivars; Kanchan, Chakaiya and NA-7 were selected for the preparation of murabba. Each variety was pretreated with water (control), salt 2%, alum 2% and salt+alum 2% to evaluate the optimum pretreatment for murabba preparation. Murabba samples were analyzed for oraganoleptic quality during storage for six months. Variety NA-7 with salt+alum @ 2% proved to be best. Sensory seores decreased and texture improved during the storage.
Varieties of aonla.
- Durrani, A.S. and Verma, S. (2011). Preparation and quality evalution of honey aonla murabba. Journal of Industrial Rese Techn. 1(1): 40-45.
- Geetha, N.S., Suriender Kumar, Sandooja, J.K. and Rana, G.S. (2006). Effect of osmotic concentration process on biochemical characteristics of aonla preserve during storage. Haryana J. Hortic. Sci, 35(3&4): 242-244.
- Goyal, R.K., Patil, R.T., Kingsly, A.R.P., Walia, Himanshu and Kumar, Pradeep. (2008). Status of postharvest technology of aonla-A review. American J. of Food Technology. 3 (1): 13-23.
- Kumar, Sanjeev and Singh I.S. (2001). Storage studies of aonla fruit products at ambient temperature. Prog. Horti. 33(2): 169-173.
- Manivasagan, S., Rana, G.S., Kumar, Surinder and Joon, M.S. (2006). Qualitative changes in karonda (Carissa carandas Linn.) candy during storage at room temperature. Haryana J. Hortic Sci. 35 (1&2):19-21.
- Mehta, Anjali, Ranote, P.S. and Bawa, A.S. (2005). Processing of kandi lemon (Galgal) peel waste for candy making. Indian. Fd. Pack., 54: 67-74.
- Ranganna, S. (1978). Manual of Analysis of Fruit and Vegetable Products. Tata McGraw-Hill Publisher, New Delhi.
- Sahu, G.D., Singh, P and Singh, A.K. (2010). Studies on the physico-chemical changes in aonla preserve (murabba) of three cultivars during storage. Res J. of Agric Sci. 1(4):419-425.
- Singh, I.S., Pathak, R.K., Dwivedi, R. and Singh, H.K. (1993). Aonla production and post harvest technology (Bulletin), Dept. of Horti., N.D. University of Agric. & Technology, Faizabad, U.P. p-25.
- Singh, N., Saini, A and Gupta, A.K. (2007). Nutritional quality of osmotically dehydrated aonla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn) fruit segments. Indian J. Agric. Biochem. 20(2), 89-91.
- Tripathi, V.K., Singh, M.B. and Singh, S. (1988). Studies on comparative compositional changes in different preserved products of aonla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) var. Banarasi. Indian Food Packer, 42(4): 60-66.