- Bourne, M.C. (1978). Texture profile analysis. Food Technology, 32: 62-67, 72.
- Brandt, M.A., Skinner, L.Z., Coleman, J.A. (1963). Texture profile method. Journal of Food Science, 28: 404-409.
- Brown, W.E., Langley, K.R., Martin, A., MacFie, H.J. (1994). Characterisation of patterns of chewing behaviour in human subjects and their influence on texture perception. Journal of Texture Studies, 25: 455-468.
- Brown, W.E. (1994). Method to investigate differences in chewing behaviour in humans: I. Use of electromyography in measuring chewing. Journal of Texture Studies, 25: 1-16.
- Brown, W.E., Eves, D., Ellison, M., Braxton, D. (1997). Use of combined electromyography and kinesthesiology during mastication to chart the oral breakdown of foodstuffs: Relevance to measurement of food texture. Journal of Texture Studies, 29: 145-167.
- Coelho-Ferraz, M.J.P., Bérzin, F., Amorim, C., Queluz, D.P. (2009). Electromyographic evaluation of mandibular biomechanic. International Journal of Morphology, 27: 485-90.
- Diaz-Tay, J.T., Jayasinghe, N., Luca, P.W., McCallum, J.C., Jones, J.T. (1991). Association between surface electromyography of human jaw closing muscle and quantified food breakdown. Archives of Oral Biology, 36: 893.
- González, R., Montoya, I., Cárcel, J. (2001). The use of electromyography on food texture assessment. Revista de Agaroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos, 7: 461-471.
- Gonzalez, R., Montoya, I., Benedito, J., Rey, A. (2004). Variables influencing chewing electromyography response in food texture evaluation. Food Reviews International, 20: 17-32.
- Griep, M.I., Verleye, G., Franck, A.H., Collys, K., Mets, T.F., Massart, D.L. (1996). Variation in nutrient intake with dental status, age and odour perception. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 50: 816-825.
- Guinard, J.X. and Mazzucchelli, R. (1996). The sensory perception of texture and mouthfeel. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 7: 213-219.
- Karkazis, H.C. and Kossioni, A.E. (1997). Re-examination of the surface EMG activity of the masseter muscle in young adults during chewing of two test foods. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, 24: 216-223.
- Kohyama, K., Ohtsubo, K., Toyoshima, H., Shiozawa, K. (1998). Electromyographic study on cooked rice with different amylose contents. Journal of Texture Studies, 29: 101-113.
- Kohyama, K., Sasaki, T., Hayakawa, F. (2008). Characterization of food physical properties by the mastication parameters measured by electromyography of the jaw-closing muscles and mandibular kinematics in young adults. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 72: 1690-1695.
- Kohyama, K., Sodhi, N.S., Sasaki, T., Suzuki, K. (2014). Effects of milling ratio and water-to-rice ratio on mastication effort for cooked rice measured by electromyography. Journal of Texture Studies, 45: 477-486.
- Kohyama, K., Sodhi, N.S., Sasaki, T., Suzuki, K. (2016). Texture evaluation of cooked rice prepared from Japanese cultivars using two-bite instrumental test and electromyography. Journal of Texture Studies, 47: 188-198.
- Konrad, P. (2005). The ABC of EMG. A Practical introduction to kinesiological electromyography (www.noraxon.com).
- Lassauzay, C., Peyron, M.A., Albuisson, E., Dransfield, E., and Woda, A. (2000). Variability of the masticatory process during chewing of elastic model foods. Journal of Oral Science, 108: 484-492.
- Nascimento, G.K.B.O, Cunha, D.A., Lima, L.M., Moraes, K.J.R., Pernamduco, L.A., Regis, R.M.F.L., Silva, H.J. (2012). Surface electromyography of the masseter muscle during chewing: A systematic review. Revista CEFAC, 14: 725-731.
- Ottenhoff, F.A., Van Der Bilt, A., Van Der Glas, H.W., Bosman, F. (1993). Control of human jaw elevator muscle activity during simulated chewing with varying bolous size. Journal of Experimental Brain Research, 96: 501-512.
- Pratiksha, Sodhi, N.S., Dhillon, B., and Kaur, T. (2018). Association between electromyography (EMG) variables during mastication by human subjects and food texture perceptions: a study on different snacks (gajaks, biscuits and chocolates). International Archive of Applied Sciences and Technology, 9: 33-42.
- Rustagi, S., Sodhi, N.S., and Dhillon, B. (2018). A study to investigate reproducibility of chewing behaviour of human subjects within session recordings for different textured Indian foods using electromyography. The Pharma Innovation, 7: 5-9.
- Shiozawa, K. (2005). Electromyography. In: Handbook of Texture Creation. Eds. Nishinari, K., Ogoshi, H., Kohyama, K., and Yamamoto, T. Science Forum, Tokyo, p. 251-258.
- Slagter, A.P., Bosman, F., Van Der Glas, H.W., Van Der Bilt, A. (1993). Human jaw-elevator muscle activity and food comminution in the dentate and edentulous state. Archives of Oral Biology, 38: 195-2015.
- Sodhi, N.S., Suzuki, K., Kohyama, K. (2010). Poster entitled Electromyographic studies on mastication of cooked rice from different cultivars. International Conference on Food Oral Processing - Physics, Physiology and Psychology of Eating, July 5-7, 2010 at University of Leeds, Leeds, UK, 2010.
- Szczesniak, A.S. (1963). Classification of textural characteristics. Journal of Food Science, 28: 385-389.
- Szczesniak, A.S. (2002). Texture is a sensory property. Food Quality and Preference, 13: 215-225.
Submitted Date : 17-03-2018
Accepted Date : 17-04-2019