- Almandoz, J.P. and Gharib, H. (2012). Hypothyroidism: etiology, diagnosis, and management. Med Clin N Am, 96: 203–221.
- Chaudhari, R.K.; Gelal, B.; Brodie, D.A. and Baral. N. (2012). Thyroid Function and Urinary Iodine Status in Primary School Age Children of the Hills and the Plains of Eastern Nepal. Indian Pediatr, 49: 332-333.
- ICCIDD, UNICEF, WHO. Dunn, J.T.; Myers, H.E. and Dunn, A.D. (1993). Methods for Measuring Iodine in Urine. The Netherlands, ICCIDD.
- Garrett, S. (2010). Hypothyroidism Diet - Tips to Plan Hypothyroidism Diets to Lose Weight Due to an Underactive Thyroid. Available at http://health.ezinemark. com/hypothyroidism-diet-tips-to-plan-hypothyroidism-diets-to-lose-weight-due-to-an-underactive- thyroid-4eeddf3ca50.html (Assessed 4/4/2013).
- Kumar, R. (2013). Diet Approach to Hypothyroidism. Available at http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/159008/e_diet/ diet_approach_to_hypothyroidism.html (Assessed on 12/09/2013).
- Lauritano, E.C.; Bilotta, A.L. Gabrielli, M., Scarpellini, E. Lupascu, A., Laginestra, A. et al., (2007). Association between Hypothyroidism and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 92 (11): 4180-4184.
- Ray, A.; Biswas, U.; Mukherjee, A.; Sarker, K.C.; Samajdar, K. and Mukherjee, G. (2009). Assessment of iodine and non-iodine deficiency hypothyroidism in women of reproductive ages in the sub-Himalayan plains of West Bengal. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 53(4):359-64.
- Rybacki, J. (2006). The Essential Guide to Prescription Drugs. Volume 10. New York, HarperCollins. 1-1380 p.
- Shomon, M. (2012). The Iodine Controversy Too Much vs. Not Enough, and What It Does To Your Thyroid? About.com Health’s Disease and Condition. Available at http://thyroid.about.com/b/2011/04/22/iodine-thyroid-controvers.htm (Assessed 30/5/ 2013).
- Skaria, L.K.; Sarkar, P.D.; Agnihotram, G.; Thakur, A.S. and Pamidamarri, G. (2011). Thyroid Dysfunctions in Tribal Women of the Bastar Region of Chattisgharh, India. Thyroid Science, 6(6):1-5, 2011
- Sunanda, V.; Sangeeta, S. and Prabhakar, R.B. (2012). Study of lipid profile in hypothyroidism. Int J Biol Med Res, 3(1): 1373-1376.
- The Hindu. (2011). Physicians worry over increasing incidence of hypothyroidism. Available at http://www.thehindu.com/ news/cities/Thiruvananthapuram/physicians-worry-over-increasing-incidence-of-hypothyroidism/article2588983.ece (Assessed 13/10/2013).
- WHO; S Andersson, M.; de Benoist, B.; Delange, F.; Zupan, J. (2007). Prevention and control of iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women and in children less than 2-years-old: conclusions and recommendations of the Technical Consultation. Public Health Nutr, 10 (12A):1606-11.
- Yaylali O, Kirac S, Yilmaz M, Akin F, Yuksel D, Demirkan N, et al. 2009. Does hypothyroidism affect gastrointestinal motility? Gastroenterol Res Pract, 529–802.
Submitted Date : 16-09-2015
Accepted Date : 6-04-2017