Chief EditorHarjinder Singh
Print ISSN 0971-4456
Online ISSN 0976-0563
NAAS Rating 5.75
EFFECT OF STORAGE ON NUTRITIONAL AND SENSORY QUALITIES OF GRAIN AMARANTH (AMARANTHUS HYPOCHONDRIACUS) FLOUR
- AOAC. (1955) Official Methods of Analysis. 8th edition Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington D.C.
- AOAC. (1980) Official Methods of Analysis. 13th edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington D.C.
- Barker, V.A., Minotti, P.I. and Peck, N.H. (1979) Nutritional importance of grain amaranth. Adv. Agron., 28:71-75.
- Bhuvaneshwari, G., Sharda, G.S. and Patil, V.C. (2001) Nutrient composition of grain amaranth varieties. Karnataka J. agric. Sci. 14:869-870.
- Chopra, S. L. and Kanwar, J. S. (1978) Analytical Agricultural Chemistry. Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana, India.
- Jackson, N. L. (1973) Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India.
- Jellinek, G. (1985) Sensory Evaluation of Food-Theory and Practice. Ellis Horwood Ltd., Chichester, England.
- Kauffman, C. S. and Hass, P. W. (1983) Grain amaranth: A crop with low water requirements and high nutritional value. In: Keretz W (ed) Environmentally Sound Agriculture. Praeger Press, New York.
- Konoshi, V. (2002) Nutritional characteristics of pseudocereal amaranth and quinoa: alternative foodstuff for patients with food allergy. J. Japan Soc. Fd. Sci., 55: 299-302.
- Martirosyam, D.M., Miroshruchenko, L.A., Kulakova, S.N., Pogojeva, A.V. and Zoloedor, (2007) Amaranth oil application for coronary heart disease and hypertension. Lipids Health, 6:56-60.
- Mendonca, M. F. D. et al. (2004) Chemical characteristic and color analysis of instant flours of amaranth and rice used in new extruded products. In: Fourth Mercosur Congress on Process System Engineering, 29-31 January, Guaritiba, Brazil.
- Mirsa, A. and Kulshrestha, K. (2003) Effect of storage on nutritional value of potato flour made from three potato varieties. Plant Fd. Human Nut., 58:1-10.
- Munjal, S.V., Mahajan, P.N., Patil, Y.M. and Patil, S.R. (1999) Evaluation of grain amaranth cultivars for biochemical and mineral constituents. J. Maharashtra agric. Univ., 24: 58-60.
- Page, A. C. (1982) Methods of Soil Analysis Part ii. American Society of Agronomists, Washington D.C.
- Raghuramulu, N. et al. (2003) A Manual of Laboratory Techniques. National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, India.
- Sharif, K., Butt, M.S., Anjum, F.M., Minhas, R. and Nasir, M. (2003) Effect of moisture on the shelf life of wheat flour. Int. J. Agric. Biol., 5:458-459.
- Shin, D.H., Heo, H.T. and Lee, Y.J. (2004) Amaranth squalene reduces liver lipid levels in rat fed a cholesterol diet. Br. J. Med. Sci., 6: 11-14.
- Upadhyay, R.K., Tangaraj, M. and Jaiswal, P.K. (1994) Storage studies of suji in different packages. J. Fd. Sci. Technol., 31:494-496.
The Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research (AJDFR) follows a disclaimer policy that outlines the responsibilities of the journal, authors, reviewers, and readers. The policy is designed to ensure that all published content is accurate and meets ethical standards, and to protect the journal from any legal liability.
The AJDFR does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content published in the journal. The opinions expressed in published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or its editorial board. The journal does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content published in the journal.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original, accurate, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material and for providing appropriate attribution.
Reviewers are responsible for ensuring that the content of articles is accurate, original, and meets ethical standards. They are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
Readers are responsible for evaluating the content of articles and for making their own judgments about the accuracy and reliability of the information presented. They are also responsible for complying with copyright laws and ethical standards when using the content of articles.
AJDFR is committed to ensuring that all published content meets ethical standards and that all parties involved in the publishing process understand their responsibilities. The disclaimer policy is designed to protect the journal from any legal liability and to ensure that readers can rely on the accuracy and reliability of the content published in the journal.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.