TEXTURAL AND SENSORY CHARACTERISTICS OF MARKET SAMPLES OF PEDA MANUFACTURED IN VARANASI CITY OF INDIA
Citation :- TEXTURAL AND SENSORY CHARACTERISTICS OF MARKET SAMPLES OF PEDA MANUFACTURED IN VARANASI CITY OF INDIA.Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2012.(31):239 - 243
Three types of Peda samples (white,yellow and brown) were collected from four major markets of Varanasi city. The samples were evaluated for their textural and sensory qualities. The sensory attributes for yellow and lal peda obtained from the market varied significantly in their colour and appearance scores, ranging for 6.57- 7.64 and 6.92 – 7.64, respectively (pess (0.993) and cohesiveness (0.918) were positively correlated, whereas gumminess (-0.937) and chewiness (-0.945) negatively correlated with moisture content of peda.
Type of Peda.
- Bhasin, N. R. (2010). President’s desk. Indian Dairyman, 62: 12-13.
- Desale, R. J.; Khedhar, J. N.; Narawade, V. E. and Bhosale, D. N. (2007). Effect of processing and compositional variables on quality of peda. Souvenir: International Conference on Traditional dairy Foods, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal. pp: 109.
- Londhe, G. K. and Pal, D. (2008). Studies on the quality evaluation of market samples of brown peda. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 61 : 347-358.
- Londhe, G. and Pal, D. (2007). Development in shelf life extension of khoa based sweets- an overview. Indian J. Dairy and Biosci. 18: 1-9
- Mahadevan, A. L. (1991). Nutritive value of traditional milk products. Proceedings of Workshop on Indigenous Milk Products held at National Dairy Development Board, Anand. January 15-19, pp. 62.
- Patel, H. A.; Salunke, Prafulla and Thakar, P. N. (2006). Chemical, microbiological, rheological and sensory characteristics of peda made by traditional and mechanized methods. J. Food Sci and Technol. 43 : 196-199.
- Ray, P. R.; Bandhopadhyay, A. K. and Ghatak, R. K. (2002). Comparative studies on quality of market available and laboratory made peda. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 55 : 83-85.