SENSORY PROPERTIES OF FRIED FILLED MILK PANEER
Citation :- SENSORY PROPERTIES OF FRIED FILLED MILK PANEER.Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2012.(31):13 - 15
Filled milk based paneer was prepared by using vegetable oil (saffola) and milk fat in the proportion of 4:1, 3:2, 2:3 and 1:4 and replicated 6 times. The SNF level to 8.5% was maintained in each lot. T0 without addition of vegetable oil served as control. Filled milk paneer prepared from milk having a milk fat and vegetable fat in a ratio of 1:4 had the highest yield at 600C coagulation temperature and the flavour score of fried paneer was also comparable to the conventional paneer. However, the flavour score of fried filled paneer prepared from milk having milk fat and vegetable fat in a ratio 4:1 at 700C coagulation temperature was more close to the standardized buffalo milk paneer.
- Agarwal , A.K. and Das, H. (2000) Type of milk used for preparation, yield, chemical composition and quality attributes of paneer. Indian J. Nutrit. Dietetics. 38:64-72.
- Bhattacharya, D.C., Mathur,O.N., Srinivasan, M.R. and Samlik, O. (1971) Studies on the method of production and shelf life of paneer. J. Food Sci. Technol. 7:117-119.
- Indian Standards: 1224 (part I) (1977) Determination of fat by the Gerber method in milk and milk products. Indian Standards Institution. New Delhi. 117.
- Indian Standards: 1479 (part I) (1960). Method of testing for dairy industry rapid examination of milk. Indian standards Institution. New Delhi 144-115.
- Kanawjia S.K. (2001) Technological diversification in paneer making. Annual Report N.D.R.I Karnal. 32-37.
- Manual of Dairy Chemistry (1972). I.C.A.R. Sub-committee on dairy education N.D.R.I. Karnal 31:84-96.
- Roy, S.K. and Singh,S. (1999). Effect of vegetable oil on filled milk paneer. Indian. J. Dairy. Sci., 49:23-29.