PREPARATION AND PROPERTIES OF CARROT FLAVOURED MILK BEVERAGE
Citation :- PREPARATION AND PROPERTIES OF CARROT FLAVOURED MILK BEVERAGE.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2005.(24):184 - 189
Skim milk from buffalo and cow was used in combination with the carrot juice in the proportion of 10, 20 and 30 per cent obtained from three different varieties for preparation of flavoured milk. The flavoured milk beverage was evaluated for physicochemical and organoleptic characteristics. The pH, specific gravity and total solids of flavoured milk were maximum at 10 per cent juice level. The acidity of flavoured milk beverage increased with increase in the juice level. Sediments were highest in the flavoured milk beverage prepared at 30 per cent juice level and lowest at 10 per cent juice level. Though all types of flavoured milk were found acceptable but flavoured milk beverage obtained with incorporation of 20 per cent carrot juice was highly acceptable.
- Amerine, MA et al. (1965). Principles of Sensory Evaluation of Food. Academic Press Inc., New York, U.S,A
- AOAC (1980). 'Official Methods of Analysis' 13'" Edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington
- D.C.. U.SA
- J Atherton, H.V, and Newlander, J.A. (1987). Chemistry and Testing of Dairy Products. 41h Edn. CBS Publishers and Distributors, Delhi.
- Chandel. S.R.S. (1993). A Handbook of Agricultural Statistics. Achal Prakashan Mandir, Kanpur.
- El-Shibiny, S. et ai, (1994). Egyptian J. Dairy Sci., 22(2): 307-317.
- Gopalan, C. et al. (1985). Nutritive Value of Indian Foods. NIN, ICMR, Hyderabad.
- Ibrahim. M.KE. et al. (1993). "Egyptian J. Dairy Sci., 21(1): 59-68.
- lSI (1961). IS: (1479), Methods of Tests for Dairy Industry. Part 2. Chemical Analysis of Milk. Indian Standards Institution, New Delhi.
- Otsuka, H. and Take, T. (1969). J. Fd. Sci., 34(5): 392-394.
- Seralathan, MA et al. (1992). S. Indian Hort., 40(1): 49-52.
- Siddiquic, 5.2, and Chugtai. M.U.D. (1976). Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res, 19(1): 32-35.
- Wheeler, R.J. and Gillies. AJ. (1973). Aust. J. Dairy Technol.. 28(3): 96-99.
- 2bikowsky, 2, and 2ikja, S. (1986), Indian J. Dairy Sci.. 39(1): 69-75.