PREPARATION OF KALARAND WITH SAPOTA FRUIT
Citation :- PREPARATION OF KALARAND WITH SAPOTA FRUIT.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2006.(25):186-189
To minimize the cost of production of the fruit kalakand and to make available for the rural people was the main objective of the present study. Kalakand partially desiccated milk product was prepared by replacing 10 per cent (T1) and 20 per cent (T2) milk by sapota pulp. Control (T0) was taken as without any replacement of milk. The overall acceptability was rated as 8.94, 8.62 and 8.21 in the treatment T0, T1 and T2, respectively. Proximate analysis of the product indicated the increasing trend of total solids content as the proportion of sapota pulp increased. Fat content of the kalakand decreased significantly by the addition of sapota pulp. Protein content also decreased but there were non-significant differences. However carbohydrate and ash content increased by the addition of sapota pulp. Acidity of the product lowered as the proportion of sapota pulp increased. Cost of production of kalakand of T0 treatment was Rs. 81.53/kg which was dropped by 4 to 5 and 8 to 9 per cent in the treatment T1 and T2, respectively. Addition of sapota pulp benefited for the fortification of fruit kalakand and cost of production also decreased.
- Baxi, J.J. (1994). Indian Dairyman., 46(5):229
- Chavan A.B. (2001). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, MAU. Parbhani (MS).
- Dhanwade 5.5. (2000). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, MAU. Parbhani (MS).
- IS (1960). Method for Test for Dairy Industry (Part-I), IS - 1479 Rapid Examination of Milk. Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1961). IS - 1479 (Part -II), Chemical Analysis of Milk. Indian Standard Institute, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1970). Indian Standard Institute IS - 1223. Chemical Analysis of Milk, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1981). Hand Book of Food Analysis. part XII dairy products, sp 18,151, New Delhi.
- Shingade G.J. (1995). M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis submitted to M.P.K.V Rahuri (MS).
- Suresh and Jha y.K. (1994). J. Food Sci. Tech. 31 (5) : 389-394.
- Wakchaure S.K. (1998), M.Sc. Agri Thesis. Marathwada Agri. University, Parbhani (Mahafdshtra).