A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE QUALITY OF MARKET AND LABORATORY MADE JALBHARA
Citation :- A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE QUALITY OF MARKET AND LABORATORY MADE JALBHARA.Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2006.(25):139-141
A study was conducted to assess the quality of Jalbhara available at different sweetshops in Kolkata and its adjoining areas. Chemical, microbiological, rheological and sensory attributes of market (thirty samples) and laboratory made Jalbhara were determined. Market samples showed wide variations in chemical, microbiological, rheological and sensory quality. Overall quality of laboratory made Jalbhara was superior to that collected from market.
- Amerine, M.A.,et a/(1965). Principles of Sensory Evaluation of Food. Academic Press. Inc., New York.
- APHA (1978). In Standard Method for Examination of Dairy Produets.14Ih ed., American Public Health Association. Washington D.C.
- Arora, K.L.,et al (1991) Asian J. Dairy Res. 10:96.
- De, Sand Ray, S.C. (1954).lndianJ. Dairy Sci. 7:113.
- 151 (1977) IS 1479. In Methods of Test for Dairy Industry, Part III, Bacteriological Analysis of Milk, Indian Standards Institution, Manak Shavano New Delhi.
- . 151 (1981) SP: 18. Handbook of Food Analysis (Part-XI) - Dairy Products. Indian Standards Institution, Manak Shavano New Delhi.
- Perry, t,-lA. and Doan, F.J. (1950).J. Dairy Sci. 33:176. .
- Snedecor,GW and Cochran, WG. (1967). Statistical Methods. 6" Ed. Oxford and IBH Publishing Company, Ko1kata, India.