STANDARDIZATION OF RECIPES FOR PRODUCTION OF SQUASH IN POMEGRANATE (Punica granatum L.) CV GANESH AND MRIDULA
Citation :- STANDARDIZATION OF RECIPES FOR PRODUCTION OF SQUASH IN POMEGRANATE (Punica granatum L.) CV GANESH AND MRIDULA.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2007.(26):133-136
An evaluation of pomegranate verities namely Ganesh and Mridula for squash was carried out at Bangalore. Various physico–chemical parameters were studied. Squash prepared from CV Ganesh with 25 per cent juice, 50o Brix TSS and 1.5 per cent acidity and in CV Mridula with 25 per cent juice, 45o Brix TSS and 1.5 per cent acidity was found to be the best recipe with overall acceptability and good organoleptic scores. In all the products during the storage period slight increase in total soluble solids, total sugars, and slight decrease in acidity was noticed after 90 days of storage.
- Amerine, M.D. et.al. (1965), Principles of Sensory Evaluation of Foods. Acadamic press, London
- Gajanana, K. (2002), P.hD., thesis UAS, GKVK, Bangalore
- Jain, S.P. et.al. (1984) Indian Food Packer. 38 (5): 33-39
- Ranganna (1977) Manual of Analysis of Fruit and Vegetable Products, 2nd Edu, Tata Mc Rraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi.
- Somogyi, M. (1945), J.Biol.Chem, 220: 160-161.
- Thakur, K.S and Barwal (1998) Indian Food Packer, 52 (1): 26-29