ECONOMIC AND NUTRITIONAL IMPACT OF DAIRY CO-OPERATIVES
Citation :- ECONOMIC AND NUTRITIONAL IMPACT OF DAIRY CO-OPERATIVES.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2007.(26):128-132
Present study was conducted in four randomly selected dairy cooperatives of Haryana state covering 100 women beneficiaries. Direct as well indirect impact in terms of economic and nutritional aspects was assessed on specifically developed inventories. The results indicated that there was an increase in income level of beneficiaries between Rs. 300-3500 per month. Increase in saving and expenditure of members was also reported. In terms of indirect economic impact, decrease in exploitation by milk vendors and borrowing tendency was observed however women’s control over income and availability of income for emergency use got increased. Regarding nutritional impact it was found that expenditure on purchasing ghee and health care of family members increased however, the amount of milk consumed by female family members decreased.
- Gupta, S.K. (1994). J Rural Reconstruction. 27 (2) : 85-94.
- Kumar, D.S.J. and Murthy, H.G.S. (1992). Indian Co-operative Review. 29 (4) : 382-387.
- Naidu, R.R., Babu, V. J. and Jayachandra, K. (1992). Indian Dairyman. 44 (1) : 9-11.
- Pandey, A.K. and Bijubala Devi, K.H. (2000). Social Welfare. 47 (2) : 6-9.
- Tiwari, M.K. and Arya, H.P.S. (2001). J. Dairying, Foods Home Science. 20 (1) : 50-53.