FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF MANGO FRUIT KALAKAND
Citation :- FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF MANGO FRUIT KALAKAND.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2007.(26):102-105
Kalakand was prepared by replacing 10 per cent (T1) and 20 per cent (T2) milk by mango pulp. Control (T0) was taken as without any replacement of milk. The overall acceptability was rated as 8.94, 8.88 and 8.46 in the treatment T0, T1 and T2, respectively. Proximate analysis of the product indicated the increasing trend of total solids content as the proportion of mango pulp increased. Fat content of the kalakand decreased significantly by the addition of mango pulp. Protein content also decreased but there were non-significant differences. However carbohydrate and ash content were increased by the addition of mango pulp. Acidity of the product was lowered down and as proportion of mango pulp was increased. Cost of production of kalakand of T0 treatment worked out was Rs. 81.53/kg which was dropped by 7 to 8 and 14 to 15 per cent in the treatment T1 and T2, respectively.
- Bose, T. K. (1985). Fruit of India-tropical and subtropical. Naya Prakas,Calcutta.
- Chavan A.B. (2001). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, M.A.U. Parbhani (MS), India.
- Dhanwade S.S. (2000). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, M.A.U. Parbhani (MS),India.
- IS (1960). Method for Test for Dairy Industry (Part-I), IS – 1479 Rapid Examination of milk. Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1961). IS – 1479 (Part – II), Chemical Analysis of Milk. Indian Standard Institute, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1970). Indian Standard Institute IS – 1223. Chemical Analysis of Milk, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- IS (1981). Hand Book of Food Analysis. part XII dairy products, sp 18, ISI, New Delhi.
- Joshi, G.D. and Roy, S.K. (1989). Maharashtra J. Hort., 4 (2): 96.
- Khemchand, et al. (1994). Indian J. Dairy Sci., 47: 51-58
- Magadum R.B. (1989). P.K.V. Res. J., 13 (2) : 124 – 128.
- Panse, V.J. and Sukhatme P.V. (1967). Statistical Methods for Agric. Workers, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Ramole M.S. (1986). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, M.P.K.V. Rahuri (MS), India.
- Shingade G.J. (1995). M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis M.P.K.V. Rahuri (MS), India.
- Suresh and Jha Y.K. (1994). J. Food Sci. Tech. 31 (5) : 389-394.