STUDIES ON PREPARATION OF LASSI FROM HIGH ACID COW MILK
Citation :- STUDIES ON PREPARATION OF LASSI FROM HIGH ACID COW MILK.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2007.(26):80-84
Investigations were carried to develop an appropriate technique to utilize high acid cow milk (HAM) for preparation of lassi. On the basis of sensory evaluation, it was revealed that 10 per cent water and 15 per cent sugar was found to be the most acceptable using local culture. The acidity of milk was allowed to raise to 0.20, 0.25 and 0.30 per cent LA (lactic acidity) and such samples were then utilized for preparation of lassi. Final trials revealed that lassi prepared from HAM with 0.2 per cent LA was significantly (P < 0.05) superior to the other treatments and it was at par with lassi prepared from fresh milk. Cost of preparation of lassi from HAM treated with sodium bicarbonate as neutralizer was Rs. 7. 39/L (Litre) which was lower than that (Rs. 16.06) of lassi from fresh milk.
- Bhatewara, P.A. (1981). M.Sc. (Agri,) Thesis, M.P.K.V., Rahuri, M.S. India.
- BIS (1981) Handbook of Food Analysis, XI: Dairy Products, SP: 18 Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Choudhari, D.S. (1998) M.Sc (Agri.) Thesis M.P.K.V. Rahuri, M.S., India.
- Choudhari, M.P. (1983) M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis M.P.K.V . Rahuri M.S. India.
- Dharampal, P.V. and Gupta S.K . (1985) Indian Dairyman. 34 : 473.
- Gupta, S.K. and Kulkarni S. (1983) Indian Dairyman. 35 : 593.
- Lokare: L.S. (1998) M.Sc. (Agri). Thesis M.P.K.V. Rahuri. India.
- Mane, P.B. (1983) M.Sc. (Agri). Thesis M.P.K.V. Rahuri. India.
- More, A.S. (1996) M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, M.P.K.V. Rahuri., India.
- Ramole, M.S. (1986) M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, M.P.K.V., Rahuri, India.
- Sayyad, I.S (1992) M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, M.P.K.V., Rahuri, India.
- Srivastava, D.N. and Singh, M.P. (1978). Livestock Adviser. 4:35