VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS FROM MACROBRACHIUM ROSENBERGII
Citation :- VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS FROM MACROBRACHIUM ROSENBERGII.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2008.(27):230 - 233
Prawn masala fry and prawn cutlets have been developed using meat portion of Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Both the products were well accepted with masala fry being the best accepted product. Bacterial load of the products was within the standard values. The products were rich in protein, calcium and phosphorus. Prawn masala fry had a shelf life of 29 days and ready to fry cutlets - 32 days, ready to eat cutlets - 28 days when stored at refrigerated temperature.
- AOAC (1980). Official Methods of Analysis. 13th edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemist, Washington.
- Gopal Kumar (1997). Seafood Export, 28(2): 25-34.
- Gopalakrishna and Ranjan, S. K. (1980). Laboratory Manual for Nutrition Research, from Energy Value of Faeces, Urine, Milk, Meat and Silage. Vikas Publishing House, Chennai, 44-46.
- ISI (1980). Indian Standards Institutes. Handbook of Food Analysis. Part I, New Delhi.
- Jospeit, H. and Franssu, L. (1992). Infofish International, 2: 16-20.
- Sherief, P.M., et al (1992). In: Fresh Water Prawns (Silas, E.G., Ed.,) Kerala Agril. Univ. Symposium Series in Fisheries-1: 243-245.