DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY EVALUATION OF A CONVENIENT CHAT SPICE PREMIX
Citation :- DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY EVALUATION OF A CONVENIENT CHAT SPICE PREMIX.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2009.(28):244-246
Spices are the substance essentially of vegetable kingdom characterized by strong and pungent
odours or sweet and sour taste. Chat spice premix was standardized and analyzed for its sensory,
nutritional and shelf life qualities. The mean scores for overall acceptability of the spice premix
was 8.34 against the control premix (7.52) on nine point hedonic rating scale. Protein, fiber, ash
and carbohydrate contents were found to be significantly higher in case of experimental spice
premix as compared to control sample. Standard plate count also revealed satisfactory quality of
the premix even at the end of two months storage period
Chat spice premix.
- A.O.A.C. (1995). Official Methods of Analysis International, Washington, D.C., USA, 16th ed., 3rd revised vol. (II).
- APHA (1960). Standard Method for the Examination of Dairy Products, 10th ed., Inc. NewYork.
- Kalra, C.L. et al. (1998). J. Food Sci. Technolo., 35:408-413.
- Mogra, R., Midha, S. (2006). In:Proc. “National Conference on Range and Scope of Skill Development for Empowerment of Rural/deprived women”. Held at Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (Rajasthan) March:18-20.
- Potter and Hotchkiss (1996). Food Science, 5th Edition; LBS Publishers and Distributors, 5th Ed., New Delhi.
- Srinivasan, R.P. and Kumar, S. (2006). Fruits and Vegetable Preservation, International Book Distributing Corporation, 3rd ed. Lucknow : 68.