TECHNOLOGY OF GHEE PRODUCTION BY MICROWAVE OVEN
Citation :- TECHNOLOGY OF GHEE PRODUCTION BY MICROWAVE OVEN.Asian Journal Of Dairy and Food Research.2009.(28):119-121
The cow (C), buffalo (B) and 1:1 cow buffalo (BC) cream were inoculated with culture L.
diacitilactic (K1) and mixed culture of with S. Lactis and L. diacitilactic in the ratio of 1:1 (K1) at
360C for 24 hours. One sample in each group was kept without culture (K0). Microwave (M) and
direct (D) techniques were used for preparation of ghee. The yield of ghee (52.68%), flavour
score (42.83), colour and appearance score (8.47) were significantly higher (P<0.01) in ghee
sample B than the values obtained in sample C prepared by microwave method. These values
were apparently higher in ghee prepared by method M than the values found by method D. The
body and texture score was significantly (P0.01) higher in the samples prepared by mehod D
than method M in cow and buffalo ghee both. Irrespective of the types of cream used, the flavour
score was significantly (P0.01) higher in ghee prepred with cultured cream than cream
- Bector, B.S. et al. (1996). Indian J. Dairy Sci. 49(6):398-405.
- Mehta, S.R. and Wadhwa, B.K. (1999). Indian J. Dairy Sci. 52(3):134-141.
- Dey, S. (1983). Outlines of Dairy Technoloyg. 1st Edn. Oxford University Press, Delhi.
- Nelson, J.A. and Trouht, G.M. (1981). Judging of Dairy Products. IV Edn. ING, Westport Academic Press, 345-567.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1978). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, 3rd Edn. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Sarkar, S. et al. (1993). Indian Dairy Man. 45(8):337-342.
- Yadav, J.S., and Srivastava, R.A. (1987). Indian J. Dairy Sci. 40(2):153-157