MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF TRADITIONALLY MANUFACTURED UJANI BASUNDI
Citation :- MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF TRADITIONALLY MANUFACTURED UJANI BASUNDI.Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research.2011.(30):307 - 308
The investigation was carried out to evaluate the microbiological quality of Ujani basundi manufactured traditionally in Ujani and neighboring villages by traditional manufacturers. There were lot of variations in microbiological quality of collected sample’s which might be due to not maintaining hygienic conditions during manufacturing the product. The SPC count ranged from 16,800-2,60,000 with an average of 45,520 per g. yeast and mold ranged from 14-270 with an average of 91 per g. colifrom ranged between 8-80 whereas the average coliform count in Ujani basundi observed 22 per g.
Yeast and mold
Traditional dairy product.
- Anonymous (1959). Methods of Analysis of Milk and its Products, 3rd ed.,
- Milk Industry Foundation, N.W. Washington, D.C.
- Arora, K.L. (1987). Indian Dairyman, 39 (9) : 415-417.
- Indian Standards, (1981) SP: 18- Part XI, Handbook of Food Analysis.
- Dairy Products. Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Singh Kishan, Ogra J.L. and Rao Y.S. (1975). Indian J. Dairy Sci., 28 (4) : 304 - 305.