MONETARY EVALUATION OF SESAME BASED INTERCROPPING SYSTEMS
Citation :- MONETARY EVALUATION OF SESAME BASED INTERCROPPING SYSTEMS.Indian Journal of Agricultural Research.2010.(44):146 - 149
A field experiment was carried out during kharif 2001 to 2003 to assess the economic
performance of sesame, hybrid cotton and castor in sole and intercropping system.
Intercrops cotton and castor were grown between sesame rows in different ratios. All
intercropping systems of sesame + cotton had higher total productivity in terms of
sesame equivalent yield, net return, return repee-1 invested and income equivalent ratio
(IER) than all the sole crops and sesame + castor intercropping systems.
However, maximum advantage was obtained from sowing of 3 rows of sesame and 1 row
- Ali, M. O. et al. (2007). Int. J. Sustain. Crop Prod. 2(5):74-77.
- Andrews, D. J. and Kasam, A. H. (1976). In: Proceedings of the Symposium on Multiple Cropping. American Soc. of
- Agronomy, Wisconsin, USA. 1-10p.
- Lal, R. B. and Ray, S. (1976). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 46: 93-96.
- Pandita, K. A. et al. (2000). Indian J. Agron, 45(1):48-53.
- Willey, R. W. and Osiru, D. S. O. (1972). J. Agric. Sci. (Camb)., 79: 519-529.