PERIODICAL CHANGES OF AMINO ACIDS IN DIFFERENT TISSUES OF OLIVE DURING ‘OFF’ AND ‘ON’ YEAR
Citation :- PERIODICAL CHANGES OF AMINO ACIDS IN DIFFERENT TISSUES OF OLIVE DURING ‘OFF’ AND ‘ON’ YEAR.Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2010.(44):70 - 73
These studies were conducted to see the periodical fluctuations in endogenous levels of three
amino acids (asparagines, glutamine and tryptophan) in olive cultivar Frantoio during their ‘off’
and ‘on’ years. These amino acids were estimated in olive buds and leaves. An upsurge in the
endogenous levels of these three amino acids was found from the month of October, which continued
till May. Consequently maximum values of these amino acids were observed in the month of May
irrespective of tissues. Among different tissues analyzed, maximum value of these three amino acids
was recorded in the axillary buds followed by terminal buds and leaves during ‘off’ year. Whereas,
comparatively lower values of these amino acids were observed during ‘on’ year. Thus higher levels
of these amino acids were observed during the ‘off’ year than that of ‘on’ year.
- Bachelard, E.P. and Wightman, F. (1973). Can. J. Bot., 51: 2315-2326.
- Gonzalez, C. et al.. (1973). Anales de Eclafalagia Agrobiologia, 31: 543-555.
- Gonzalez, F. and Catalina, F. (1982). Anales de Edafologia y Agrobiologia, 41(5-6): 959-972.
- Kang, S.M. and Titus, J.S. (1980). Physiol. Plant., 50: 291-297.
- Khanizadeh, S. et al. (1992). J. Plant Nutri. 15: 2441-2455.
- Khurana, J.P et al. (1988). Plant Physiol., 86: 904-907.
- Lazovic, B et al. (1999). Acta Hortic., 474: 465-468.
- Mishra, K.A. and Dhillon, B.S. (1981). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 51: 447-449.
- Narawadkar, P.R. and Pandey, R.M. (1988). Acta Hortic., 231: 399-404.
- Proietti, P. and Tombesi, A. (1996). J. Hort. Sci., 71: 383-388.
- Suryanarayana, V. (1978). Plant Bio. J., 5: 9-13.