SORPTION OF OXYFLUORFEN ON SOILS OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Citation :- SORPTION OF OXYFLUORFEN ON SOILS OF ANDHRA PRADESH.Indian Journal of Agricultural Research.2013.(47):449-452
Adsorption desorption of oxyfluorfen (2-chloro-1, (3 ethoxy -4 nitrophenoxy)-4-(triflouromethyl) benzene in soils was studied by Batch equilibrium technique at five different initial concentrations of oxyfluorfen. Adsorption isotherms were conformed to the Freundlich equation. The desorption process exhibited pronounced hysteresis in all the soils, which was more prominent when desorption was carried out at higher concentration of herbicide and the percent cumulative desorption was high in soils with low organic carbon content of soil. The values of Freundlich constant, Kf were ranged from 0.30 to 3.21 for oxyfluorfen. The Freundlich constants K and n increased with increasing initial concentration of adsorbed herbicide thus confirming the irreversible nature of the adsorption of oxyfluorfen of these soils. The per cent cumulative desorption was high in soils with low organic carbon content.
- Amit Bist, Anjali Sharma, Srivastava A, Baliram, Srivastava P C and Govindea Singh (2005). Effect of temperature on adsorption, desorption of isoproturon on a clay soil. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 37 (3&4): 247-250.
- Aravind K Rai, Chhonkan P K and Agnihotri N P (2000) Persistence and degradation of pendimethalin and anilofos in flooded versus non flooded soils. J.I.S.S.S. 48(1) : 57-62.
- Jenks, M. B., Roethy W F and Martin, A. R. (1998) Influence of surface and sub surface soil properties on atrazine sorption and degradation. Weed Science 46: 132-138.
- Johnson, R. H. and Sims, J. T. 1993 Influence of surface and subsoil properties on herbicide sorption by Atlantic Coastal Plain Soils. Soil Science 155: 339-348.
- Kalpana, Agnihotri N B and Gajbhiya V T (2002). Adsorption Desorption of imidacloprid on five tropical Indian soils. Pesticide Research Journal. 14(1): 63-68.
- Koskinen W. C. and Cheng H. H. (1983) Characterization of hysteresis in the desorption of 2,4,5-T from soil. Soil Science Society of America Journal 43 : 871-875.
- Mersie W and Seybold C (1996) Adsorption and desorption of atrazine, deethylatrazine deisopropylatrazine and hydroxyatrazine on levy wetland soil. Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry 44: 1925-1929.
- Moreau c and Mouvet C (1997) Sorption and desorption of atrazine, deethylatrazine, and hydroxyatrazine by soil and aquifer solids. Journal of Environmental Quality 26: 416-424
- Nagamadhuri N V (2003) Sorption, Presistence and mobility of atrazine and isoproturaon A physico chemical study Ph.D thesis submitted to Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad.
- Prakash N B and Suseela Devi L (1998) Effect of organic matter on adoption desorption of pendimethalin in soils. Pesticide Research Journal 10: 202-208.
- Singh RP (1996) Adsorption, Movement and distribution of carbofuran in different soils. Pesticide Research Journal. 8 : 139-145.