Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Antioxidative Response of Glycine max (L.) Merr. cv. Namdan to Drought Stress
First Online 16-05-2020|
- Bates, L.S., Waldren, R.O., Teare, I.D. (1973). Rapid determination of free proline for water-stress studies. Plant Soil. 39: 205-207.
- Beauchamp, C. and Fridovich, I. (1971). Superoxide dismutase: improved assays and an assay applicable to acrylamide gels. Analytical Biochemistry. 44: 276-287.
- Becana, M., Aparicio-Tejo, P., Irigoyen, J.J., Sanchez-Diaz, M. (1986). Some enzymes of hydrogen peroxide metabolism in leaves and root nodules of Medicago sativa. Plant Physiology. 82: 1169-1171.
- Boukecha, D., Laouar, M. Mekliche-Hanifi, I., Harek, D. (2018). Drought tolerance in some populations of grass pea (Lathyrus sativus L.). Legume Research. 41: 12-19.
- Bradford, M. (1976). A rapid and sensitive method for quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry. 72: 248- 254.
- Çelik, Ö., Ayan, A., Atak, Ç. (2017). Enzymatic and non-enzymatic comparison of two different industrial tomatoes (Solanum lycopersicum) varieties against drought stress. Botanical Studies. 58: 32. doi: 10.1186/s40529-017-0186-6.
- De Carvalho, M.H.C. (2008). Drought stress and reactive oxygen species. Plant Signaling Behavior. 3: 156–165.
- Demiral, T. and Turkan, I. (2005). Comparative lipid peroxidation, antioxidant defense systems and proline content in roots of two rice varieties differing in salt tolerance. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 53: 247–257.
- Dhindsa, R.S., Plumb-Dhindsa, P., Thorpe, T.A. (1981). Leaf senescence: correlated with increased levels of membrane permeability and lipid peroxidation and decrease levels of superoxide dismutase and catalase. Journal of Experimental Botany. 32: 93-101.
- Doke, N. (1983). Involvement of superoxide anion generation in the hypersensitive response of potato tuber tissues to infection with an incompatible race of Phytophthora infestans and to the hyphal wall components. Physiological Plant Pathology. 23: 345-357.
- Filippou, P., Antoniou, C., Fotopoulos, V. (2011). Effect of drought and rewatering on the cellular status and antioxidant response of Medicago truncatula plants. Plant Signaling Behavior. 6: 1–8.
- Grene, R. (2002). Oxidative stress and acclimation mechanisms in plants. Arabidopsis Book, 1, e00036. doi: 10.1199/ tab.0036.1
- Heath, R.L. and Packer, L. (1968). Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplasts. I. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 125: 189-198.
- Heerden, P.D.R.V. and Kruger, G.H.J. (2002). Separately and simultaneously induced dark chilling and drought stress effects on photosynthesis, proline accumulation and antioxidant metabolism in soybean. Journal of Plant Physiology. 159: 1077-1086.
- Hossain, M.A., Fujita, M. (2009). Exogenous glycine betaine and proline modulate antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification systems and reduce drought-induced damage in mung bean seedlings (Vigna radiata L.). In: Proceedings of The 3rd international conference on integrated approaches to improve crop production under drought-prone environments, 11–16 Oct 2009, Shanghai, China, pp 138.
- Iqbal, N., Hussain, S., Raza, M.A., Yang, C.Q., et al. (2019). Drought tolerance of soybean (Glycine max L. Merr.) by improved photosynthetic characteristics and the efficient antioxidant enzyme activities under a split-root system. Frontiers in Physiology. 10: 786. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2019.00786
- Li, J., Nong, Y. (2018). Effects of drought stress on growth, physio- -logical and biochemical characteristics of two sugarcane varieties. Anhui Agricultural Science Bulletin. 24(21): 25- 28. 63.
- Lokhande, P.K., Naik, R.M., Dalvi, U.S., Mhase L.B., Harer, P.N. (2019). Antioxidative and root attributes response of chickpea parents and crosses under drought stress. Legume Research. 42: 320-325.
- Luna, C.M., Pastori, G.M., Driscoll, S., Groten, K., Bernard, S., Foyer, C.H. (2005). Drought controls on H2O2 accumulation, catalase (CAT) activity and CAT gene expression in wheat. Journal of Experimental Botany. 56: 417–423.
- Luo, Y., Bi, T., Su, Z., Cui, X., Lan, Q. (2014). Physiological response of Kalanchoe tubiflora leaves to drought stress and rewatering. Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Botany. 22(4): 391-398.
- Mai, V.C., Tran, N.T., Nguyen, D.S. (2016). The involvement of peroxidases in soybean seedlings’ defense against infestation of cowpea aphid. Arthropod-Plant Interactions. 10(4): 283-292.
- Mai, V.C., Nguyen, B.H., Nguyen, D.D., Nguyen, L.A.V. (2017). Nostoc calcicola extract improved the antioxidative response of soybean to cowpea aphid. Botanical Studies. 58: 55, 14pp, DOI: 10.1186/s40529-017-0211-9.
- Ramana, G.V., Padhy, S.P., Chaitanya, K.V. (2012). Differential response of four soybean (Glycine max L.) cultivars to salinity stress. Legume Research. 35: 185-193.
- Seevers, P.M., Daly, J.M., Catedral, F.F. (1971). The role of peroxidase isozymes in resistance to wheat stem rust disease. Plant Physiology. 48: 353–360.
- Sharma, P., Jha, A., Dubey, R., Pessarakli, M. (2012). Reactive oxygen species, oxidative damage and antioxidative defense mechanism in plants under stressful conditions. Journal of Botany. 26pp. doi: 10.1155/2012/217037.
- Shen, X., Dong, Z., Chen, Y. (2015). Drought and UV-B radiation effect on photosynthesis and antioxidant parameters in soybean and maize. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum. 37: 25. doi: 10.1007/s11738-015-1778-y.
- Simova-Stoilova, L., Demirevska, K., Petrova, T., Tsenov, N., Feller, U. (2009). Antioxidative protection and proteolytic activity in tolerant and sensitive wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) varieties subjected to long-term field drought. Plant Growth Regulation. 58: 107-117.
- Turkan, I., Bor, M., Ozdemir, F., Koca, H. (2005). Differential responses of lipid peroxidation and antioxidants in the leaves of drought-tolerant P. acutifolius Gray and drought-sensitive P. vulgaris L. subjected to polyethylene glycol mediated water stress. Plant Science. 168: 223-231.
- Verbruggen, N., Hermans, C. (2008). Proline accumulation in plants: a review. Amino Acids. 35: 753–759.
- Wang, N., Yuan, M., Chen, H., Li, Z., Zhang, M. (2019). Effects of drought stress and rewatering on growth and physiological characteristics of invasive Aegilops tauschii seedlings. Acta Prataculturae Sinica. 28(1): 70-78.
- Wu, R., Yang, J., Wang, L., et al. (2019). Physiological response of flax seedlings with different drought-resistances to drought stress. Acta Agriculturae Boreali-Sinica. 34(2): 145-153.
- Zahedi, H., Abbasi, S. (2015). Effect of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) and water stress on phytohormones and polyamines of soybean. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 49: 427-431.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.