Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Response of organic practices, mulching and plant growth regulators on growth, yield and quality of papaya (Carica papaya L) cv. Taiwan Red Lady
First Online 13-02-2019|
- AOAC (1989) Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemistry. 4th Edition, AOAC, Washington DC.
- Agrawal, S. and Dikshit, S.N. (2010).Studies on the effect of plant growth regulators on qualitative characters of sapota cv. Cricket Ball. Indian Journal of Horticulture 67: 177– 180.
- Drew, P., Beniwal, V.S. and Singh, P. (1998). Papaya. Corn Publication 59, pp 66–68.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez A.A. (1984). Statistical procedures for agricultural research (2 ed.). John Wiley and Sons, NewYork, 680p.
- Hajam, M.A. (2017). Effect of gibberellic acid application and calcium foliar sprays on chemo-metric attributes of apple (Malus x domesticaBorkh.). M.Sc. Theses. SKUAST-K.
- Hazarika, T.K., Sangma, B.D., Mandal, D., Nautiyal, B.P. and Shukla, A.C. (2016). Effect of plant growth regulators on growth, yield and quality of tissue cultured papaya (Carica papaya L) 86:3.
- Jain, M.C. and Dashora, L.K. (2011). Effect of plant growth regulators on physico-chemical characters and yield of guava cv. Sardar under high density planting system. Indian Journal of Horticulture 68: 259–61.
- Krishna, K.L., Paridhavi, M. and Patel., J.A. (2008). Review on nutritional, medicinal and pharmacological properties of Papaya (Carica papaya Linn.). Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources (formerlyNatural Product Radiance), 74: 364-373.
- Mahendra., Singh, H.K. and Singh, J.K. (2009). Studies on integrated nutrient management on vegetative growth, fruiting behaviour and soil fertilizer status of ber (Zizyphus mauritiana Lamk.) orchard cv. Banarasi Karaka. Asian journal of Horticulture. 4(1): 47-49.
- Meena, A.K., Garhwal, O.P., Mahawar, A.K. and Singh, S.P. (2017). Effect of Different Growing Media on Seedling Growth Parameters and Economics of Papaya (Carica papaya L) cv. Pusa Delicious. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 6 (6): 2964-2972.
- Osama, H.M., Amro, E., Salama, S.M., Bakeer, M.M. (2015). Effect of growth regulator, antioxidant and application date on fruiting and fruit quality of mango trees cv. Keitt. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science 8:87-95.
- Prajapati, P. and Prajapati, G.S.M. (2017). Studies on effect of fertigation level and response of mulching on growth and yield parameters of papaya (Carica papaya L.) under Chhattisgarh plains. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry; SP1: 614-618.
- Ravishankar, H., Karunakaran, G. and Srinivasamurthy (2010). Performance of Coorg Honey Dew papaya under organic farming regimes in the hill zone of Karnataka. Acta Horticulturae. 851: 39
- Sen, S.K., Hore, J.K. and Bandyopadhyay (1990).Pre-sowing seed treatment and its role on germination, seedling growth and longevity of papaya. Orissa J. Agric. Res. 2(3-4):160- 164.
- Shivakumar, B.S., Dharmatti, P.R., and Channal, H.T. (2012). Effect of organic cultivation of papaya on Yield, economics and soil nutrient status. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci.25 (4): 488-492.
- Singh, A. and Singh, J.N. (2009). Effect of biofertilizers and bioregulators on growth, yield and nutrient status of strawberry cv. Sweet Charlie. Indian Journal of Horticulture 66:220–224.
- Srinu, B., Manohar Rao, A., Veenajoshi, K. and Narender Reddy, S. (2017). Studies on Integrated Nutrient Management on Growth Parameters of Papaya (Carica papaya L.) Cv. Red Lady under Southern Telangana. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci 5(4), 1458-1462.
- Syamal, M.M., Bordoloi, B. and Pakkiyanathan, K. (2010). Influence of plant growth substances on vegetative growth, flowering, fruiting and fruit quality of papaya. Indian Journal of Horticulture 67: 173–176.
- Voyiatzis, D.C. and Paroussi, G. (2002).The effect of photoperiod and gibberellic acid on strawberry pollen germination and stamen growth. Acta Horticulture 567: 257–260.
- Yadav, S.J., Bhatia, S.K., Godara, R.K. and Rana, G.S. (2001). Effect of growth regulators on the yield and quality of winter season guava cv. L-49. Haryana Journal of Horticulture Science 30: 1–2.
- Yadav, P.K., Yadav, A.L., Yadav, A.S. and Yadav, H.C. (2011a). Effect of Integrated nutrient nourishment on vegetative growth and physico-chemical attributes of Papaya (Carica papaya L) fruit. cv. Pusa Dwarf. Plant Archives.11(1):327-329.
- Yaloni, M., Acican, T., Alibas, K., Ertiirk, U., Polat, R. (2014) Effects of Ethephon application on different harvesting methods and hulling of walnut husk. International Walnut Symposium Acta Hort.1050:323-330.
- Zhang, C., Tanabe, K., Tani, H., Nakajima, H., Mori. M., Itai, A. and Sakuno, E. (2007).Biologically active gibberellins and abscisic acid in fruit of two late-maturing Japanese pear cultivars with contrasting fruit size. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 132:452–458.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.