Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Trace elements and antioxidant activity of six wild edible plants that are widely consumed by ethnic tribes of Arunachal Pradesh, India
First Online 17-02-2018|
- Allen, S.E., Grimshaw, H.M., Parkinson, J.A. and Quarmby, C. (1974). Chemical Analysis of Ecological Materials (Allen, S.E ed.). Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford.
- Aoshima, H., Tsunoue, H., Koda, H. and Kiso, Y. (2004). Aging of whiskey increases 1, 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activity. J. Agric. Food Chem. 52(16): 5240-5244.
- Bhowmik, S., Datta, B.K. and Saha, A.K. (2012). Determination of mineral content and heavy metal content of some traditionally important aquatic plants of Tripura, India using atomic absorption spectroscopy. Journal of Agricultural Technology. 8(4): 1467-1476.
- Gopalan, C., Rama Sastri B.V. and Balasubramaniam S.C. (2014).Nutritive value of Indian foods, India.National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad.
- Hsu, C.Y., Chao, P.Y., Hu, S.P. and Yang, C.M. (2013). The antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities of chlorophylls and pheophytins. Food Nutr.Sci. 4: 1-8.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) (2010). Expert group, Nutrient requirements and Recommended Dietary Allowances for Indians: Areport of the Expert group of the Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, India.
- Lichtenthaler, H.K. and Wellburn, A.R. (1983). Determinations of total carotenoids and chlorophylls a and b of leaf extracts in different solvents. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 11(5): 591-592.
- Mahadkar, S., Valvi, S. and Rathod, V. (2012). Nutritional assessment of some selected wild edible plants as a good source of mineral. Asian J. Plant Sci. Res.2(4): 468-472.
- Mahapatra, A.K., Mishra, S., Basak, U.C., and Panda, P.C. (2012). Nutrient analysis of some selected wild edible fruits of deciduous forests of India: An explorative study towards non conventional bio-nutrition. Adv. J. Food Sci. Technol. 4(1): 15-21.
- Mazid, M., Khan, T.A., Khan, Z.H., Quddusi, H. and Mohammad, F. (2011).Occurence, biosynthesis and potentialities of ascorbic acid in plants.Int J. Pl. An. and Env. Sci. 1(2): 167-184.
- Payum, T., Das, A.K., Tamuly, C., Shankar, R. and Hazarika, M. (2013). Antioxidant potential of Solanum kurzii Br. Berry: A folk medicinal food berry used in Arunachal Pradesh, North-East India. Glob.J.Med.Res.13(6): 1-6.
- Payum, T., Das, A.K., Shankar, R. Tamuly, C. and Hazarika, M. (2013).Folk use and antioxidant potential determination of Zanthoxylum rhetsa DC. Shoot – a highly utilized hot spice folk vegetable of Arunachal Pradesh, India. Int. J.Pharm.Sci.Res.4(12): 4597-4602.
- Pradhan, S., Manivannan, S. and Tamang, J.P. (2015).Proximate, mineral composition and antioxidant properties of some wild leafy vegetables. J. Sci. Ind. Res.74: 155-159.
- Rahmatollah, R. and Mahbobeh, R. (2010). Mineral contents of some plants used in Iran. Pharmacogn.Res. 2(4): 267-270.
- Re, R., Pellegrini, N., Proteggente, A., Pannala, A., Yang, M. and Rice-Evans, C. (1999).Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cationdecolorization assay. Free Rad.Biol.Med. 26(9): 1231-1237.
- Sadasivam, S. and Manickam, A. (1996). In: Biochemical methods.New Age International Publication, New Delhi.
- Saha, J., Biswal, A.K. and Deka, S.C. (2015). Chemical composition of some underutilized green leafy vegetables of Sonitpur district of Assam, India. IFRJ, 22(4): 1466-1473.
- Srivastava, R. (2011). Nutritional quality of some cultivated and wild species of Amaranthus L. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Res.2(12): 3152-3156.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.