Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Corollary relationship between entrepreneurial behaviour and other attributes of chilli growers at Sawai Madhopur block of Sawai Madhopur district in Rajasthan, India
First Online 19-06-2017|
Entrepreneurial behavior of a farmer is influenced by several factors. The study was conducted purposively in Sawai Madhopur block of Sawai Madhopur district to assess the entrepreneurial behaviour of chilli growers. The total of 120 chilli growers were formed the sample. The primary data were collected through personal interview method with the help of pre-tested interview schedule with the help of statistical tools like- mean, S.D., percentage, and Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation, multiple correlation and regression analysis were used for analysis of data. The study found that majority of the respondents had medium (59.16%) to low level of entrepreneurial behavior. All the 13 selected attributes of chilli growers, were found positive and significant relationship with entrepreneurial behavior except age, caste and mass media participation. The major constraints expressed by vegetable growers were fluctuations in the market price (78.33%).
- Anshu Rani and Rampal, V.K. (2016) Involvement of rural youth in agricultural activitiesin Ludhiana district of Punjab, India. Indian J. of Agricultural Res. 50 (6):528-534
- Badodiya, S.K.; Daipuria, O.P.; Rai, D.P. and Shakya S.K (2010).Correlates of entrepreneurial behavior of sugarcane growers with their characteristics. International Res. J-Research Analysis and Evaluation,1(5):39-43.
- Chaudhari Ratan Ranuji(2006) A study on entrepreneurial behaviour of Dairy farmers.Ph.D.Thesis University Of Argicultural Sciences,Dharwad.
- M. Beula, Priya Darshini and N. Vijaya Kumari (2016) Technology dissimination and adoption of sericulture technologyby the farmers of Chittoor District - A case study Indian J. of Agricultural Res. 50 (5).
- R. Syiem1, B.R. Marak and A.K. Bandyopadhyay(2016) Innovative extension practices in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya: A case study. Indian J. of Agricultural Res. 50 (6).
- Palmurugan M, Jhamtani A and Padaria R.N (2008). Entrepreneurial behavious of vanilla growers of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Indian Journal of Extension Education 44: 58-65
- Nishi, A.K., Malik, B.S and Yadav, V.K.(2010) Enterpreneurial Behaviour and their Correlates among Diary Enterpreneurs in Northern India. Indian Journal of Extension Esucation, 46 (3&4):53-61
- Patel, Pooja; Patel, M.M.; Badodiya, S.K. and Prabhakar Sharma (2014) Entrepreneurial behaviour of dairy farmers. Indian Res. J. Ext. Edu. 14 (2):46-49.
- Rao, G.V.K. (1985). A prediction analysis of farming performance of farmers through their entrepreneurial behavior factors. Ph.D thesis, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad.
- Shah, Ajay Kumar, Nishi, Malik, B.S. and Yadav, V.K. (2010) Entrepreneurial behaviour and their correlates among Dairy Entrepreneurs in Northern India. Indian Journal of Extension Education. 46(3&4): 53-61.
- Subrahmanyeswari, B., Veeraraghava Reddy, K and Sudhakar Rao, B. (2007). Entrepreneurial behavior of rural women farmers in dairying: a multidimensional analysis. Livestock Research for Rural Development. Available: website://lrrd.org/lrrd19/ 1/subr19015htm [April,14, 2012].
- Tekale, V.S.,Bhalekar,D.N. and Shaikh ,J.I.,(2013) Entrepreneurial behaviour of dairy farmers. International J. of Exten. Edu. 9: 32-36.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.