Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Growth and instability of pineapple production in Manipur, India
First Online 25-02-2016|
The present study was undertaken to study the trends of area, production and productivity of pineapple in Manipur. The study was based on the secondary data from 2001 to 2011. To analyze the trend of area, production and productivity of pineapple in Manipur, semi log linear functional form was used. Beside these, compound growth rate and instability index was also estimated. The effect of area, production and their interaction towards increasing production were also estimated in the present study. The instability indices for area, production and productivity of pineapple crop in Manipur were positive there by indicating less risk for growing pineapple in the State.
- Amod Sharma. (2012). Trend of area, production and productivity of fruit crop in Nagaland state of North Eastern Hill Region of India. Economic Affairs, 57: 261-278.
- Anonymous, (2012). http://apeda.gov.in/agriexchange/market.
- Bairawa, K. G., Sharma, R. and Kumar, T. (2012). Economics of growth and instability: fruit crops of India. Rajasthan Journal of Extension education, 20 : 128-132.
- Cuddy, J. D. A. and Della, V. P. A. (1978). Measuring of instability of time series data. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 40: 79-85.
- Das, K.K. and Sharma, Amod. (2011). Growth and variability in area, production and yield of Rapeseed and Mustard crop in Nagaon district of Assam. Progressive Agriculture, (Communicated).
- Dhakre, D.S. and Sharma, Amod. (2010). Growth analysis of area, production and productivity of maize in Nagaland. Agriculture Science Digest, 30: 142-144.
- GoI, (2013). Indian horticulture data base. Government of India. NHB.
- GoI, (2014). Hand Book on Horticulture Statistics. Government of India.
- GoM, (2012). Directorate of Horticulture and Soil Conservation of Manipur. Government of Manipur.
- Singh, R. P. and Rani, N. 2013. To study growth rate of area, production and productivity of fruit crops in Jharchand. Journal of Economics and Social Development, IX (1): 52-60.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.