Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of gibberellic acids and napthalene acetic acids on growth and yield of Okra [Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench] var. Arka Anamika
First Online 25-10-2016|
A study of effect of foliar application of gibberellic acids (GA) and napthalene acetic acids (NAA) each at 0, 10, 20 and 30 ppm concentrations revealed that plant growth, phonological parameter, yield-attributing parameters and yield of okra increased significantly with the increase in concentration. The application of GA at 30 ppm gave maximum fruit length, fruit thickness, green fruits yield and dry weight of fruits. Similarly, 30 ppm NAA gave maximum fruit length, fruit thickness, green fruits yield and dry weight of fruits. The treatment interactions were found significant only at 45 DAS stage in plant height, at 15 DAS stage in case of leaves/plant and only at 45 and 60 DAS stage in case of branches / plant. The highest net returns was obtained with application of 30 ppm each of GA and NAA .
- Rawat, Anil, Sarraf, Akhilesh, Kirad, K.S., Rai, P.K. and Singh, Virendra (2002). Study of different split doses of nitrogen and growth regulator on growth and yield of chilli (Capsicum annum). Extended Summaries: 2nd International Agronomy Congress, 1: 500-501.
- Ilias, G., Giannakoula , A. Ouzounidou and Papadopoulou, P. (2007). Effects of gibberellic acid and prohexadione- calcium on growth, chlorophyll fluorescence and quality of okra plant. Indian J. Hort., 51: 575-578.
- Hussaini, M.G.B. and Babu, K.H. (2004). Effect of plant bio-regulators on yield and yield attributes of bhindi [Abelmoschus esculentum (L.) Moench] cv. Arka Abhay. Orissa Journal of Horticulture, 32: 108-109.
- Pandita, M.L.N., Sharnia , K. and Arora, S.K. (1991). Effect of Miixtalol arid Vipul on growth, flowering and yield of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L. Moench). Veg. Sci., 18: 32-40.
- Paliwal, R.; Naruka, I.S. and Singh, N.P. (1999). Ameliorative potential of gibberellic acid and NAA on growth and yield attributes of okra. Progressive Horticulture, 31:162-165.
- Singh, R.K.; Singh, G.P. and Singh, V.K. (1999). Effect of plant growth regulators and green fruit pickings on the seed production of bhindi [Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench]. Journal of Applied Biology, 9: 31-34.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.