Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF TRANSPLANTING DATE AND REDUCED DOSES OF OXYFLUORFEN HERBICIDE ON WEED CONTROL, YIELD AND QUALITY OF ONION (ALLIUM CEPA L.) IN SOUTH OF IRAN
First Online |
- Caruso, G.; Conti, S.;Villari, G.;Borrelli, C.;Melchionna, G.;Minutolo, M.; Russo, G. and Amalfitano, C. (2014). Effects of transplanting time and plant density on yield, quality andantioxidant content of onion (Allium cepa L.) in southern Italy. Sci.Hortic.,166: 111–120.
- Channappagoudar, B. B. and Biradar, N. R. (2007).Physiological studies on weed control efficiency in direct sown onion. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 20:375-376.
- FAOSTAT. (2014). The Online Database Published by FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. http://faostat.fao.org/site/567/default.aspx#ancor/.
- Gautam, I. P.;Khatri, B. and Paudel, G. P. (2006). Evaluation of different varieties of onion and their transplanting timesfor off-Season production in mid hills of Nepal.Nepal Agric. Res. J.,7: 21-26.
- Ghaffoor, A. (2004). Integrated weed management in different varieties of onion (Allium cepa L.). Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res.,10:55–62.
- Ghosheh, H. Z. (2004). Single herbicide treatments for control of broadleaved weeds in onion (Allium cepa).Crop Protec.,23: 539-542.
- Hamma, I. L. (2013).Growth and yield of onion as influenced by planting dates and mulching types in Samaru, Zaria.Inter. J. Adv. Agric. Res.,1: 22-26.
- Hussain, Z.;Marwat, Kh.B.; Ali Shah, S. I.;Arifullah, Sh. A. and Khan, N. M. (2008). Evaluation of different herbicides for weed control in onion.Sarhad. J. Agric.,24: 453-456.
- Ibrahim, U.;Oluwatosin, O.J.;Ayinde, B. T.and Mahmoud, B. A. (2011).Evaluation of herbicides on weed control, performance and profitability of onion (Allium cepa) in the forest zone of Nigeria.Middle-East J. Sci. Res., 9: 611-615.
- Keeling, J.W.; Bender, D.A. and Abernathy, J.R. (1990).Yellow nutsedge (Cyperuse sculentus) management in transplanted onion (Allium cepa L.).Weed Technol.,4:68 70.
- Khokhar, K. M.;Mahmood, T.;Shakeel, M. and Chaudhry, M. F. (2006). Evaluation of integrated weed management practices for onion in Pakistan. Crop Protec., 25: 968–972.
- Marwat, K.B.;Gul, B.; Khan, I.J. and Hussain, Z. (2003).Efûciency of different herbicides for controlling weeds in onion.Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res.,9: 225–228.
- Patel, C.L.; Patel, Z.G. and Patel, R.B. (1986). Efûciency and economics of some new herbicides for weed control in onion. Gujarat Agric. Univ. Res. J.,12: 14–17.
- Qasem J. R. (2006a). Chemical weed control in seedbed sown onion (Allium cepa L.).Crop Protect.,25: 618-622.
- Qasem, J.R. (2006b). Response of onion (Allium cepa L.) plants to fertilizers, weed competition duration and planting times in the central Jordan Valley. Weed Biol.Manag.,6: 212–220.Rahman, H. U.;Khattak, A. M.;Sadiq, M.;Ullah, K.;Javaria, S. and Ullah, I. (2012). Influence of different weed management practices on yield of garlic crop. Sarhad J. Agric.,28: 213-218.
- Ramalingam, S. P.;Chinnagounder, Ch.;Perumal, M. and Palanisamy, M. A. (2013).Evaluation of new formulation of oxyfluorfen (23.5% EC) for weed control efficacy and bulb yield in onion.Amer. J. Plant Sci.,4: 890-895.
- Rapparini, G. (1994). The development of mechanical methods and chemical products in the control of infestations.Inf. Agrar.,50: 111–112.
- Sanjeev, A.;Sandhu, K.S. and Ahuja, S. (2003). Weed management through the use of herbicides in cabbage–onion relay cropping system. Ann. Biol.,19: 27–30.
- Shinde, K.G.;Bhalekar, M. N. and Patil, B. T. (2012). Weed management in rainy season onion. Indian J. Weed Sci., 44: 264-266.
- Ud-deen, M.D.M. (2008). Effect of mother bulb size and planting time on growth, bulb and seed yield of onion.Bangladesh J. Agric. Res.,33: 531-537.
- Uygur, S.;Gurbuz,R.and Uygur, F. N. (2010).Weeds on onion fields and effects of some herbicides on weeds in Cukurova region, Turkey.Afr. J. Biotech., 9: 7037-7042.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.