- Andrews, M., Sprent, J.I., Raven, J.A. and Eady, P.E. (1999). Relationship between shoot to root ratio, growth and leaf soluble protein concentration of Pisum sativum, Phaseolus vulgaris and Triticum aestivum under different nutrient deficiencies. Plant Cell and Environment. 22: 949-958.
- Arduini, I., Godbold, D. and Onnis, A. (1994). Cadmium and copper change root growth and morphology of Pinus pinea and Pinus piaster seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum. 92: 675- 680.
- Ashraf, S., Ali, Q., Zahir, Z.A., Ashraf, S. and Asghar, H.N. (2019). Phytoremediation: environmentally sustainable way for reclamation of heavy metal polluted soils. Ecotoxology and Environmental Safety. 174: 714-727.
- Atteya, A.M. (2002). Characterization of growth and water relations in barley during water stress and after rewatering. Al- Azhar Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 29: 285-296.
- Barcelo, J. and Poschenrieder, C.H. (1990). Plant water relations as affected by heavy metal stress. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 13: 1-37.
- Barcelo, J., Vazquez, M.D. and Poschenrieder, C.H. (1988). Cadmium induced structural and ultrastructural changes in the vascular system of bush bean stems. Acta Botanica. 10: 254-261.
- Carlson, R.W., Bazzaz, F.A. and Rolfe, G.L. (1975). The effect of heavy metals on plants. Part 11. Net photosynthesis and transpiration of whole corn and sunflower plants treated with Ph, Cd, Ni and Ti. Environmental Research. 10: 113-120.
- Downes, B. and Crowell, D. (1998). Cytokinin regulates the expression of a soybean b-expansin gene by a post-transcriptional mechanism. Plant Molecular Biology. 37: 437-444.
- Duncan, D.B. (1955). Multiple Range and Multiple F-Test. Biometrics, 11: 1-42.
- Fengxiang, X.B., Han, B., Sridhar, M., David, L. and Monts, S.Y. (2003). Phytoavailability and toxicity of trivalent and hexavalent chromium to Brassica juncea. New Phytologist. 4: 489-499.
- Fodor, F., Sarvari, E., Lang, F. Szigeti, Z. and Cseh, E. (1996). Effects of Pb and Cd on cucumber depending on the Fe- complex in the culture solution. Journal of Plant Physiology. 148: 434-439.
- Gadallah, M.A.A. and El-Enany, A.E. (1999). Role of kinetin in alleviation of copper and zinc toxicity in Lupinus termis plants. Plant Growth Regulator. 29: 151-160.
- Hampp, R., Kriebitzsch, C. and Ziegler, H. (1974). Effects of lead on enzymes of porphyrin biosynthesis in chloroplasts and erythrocytes. Naturwissenschaften. 11: 504.
- Jahan, M.A.H.S., Hossain, A., Teixeira da Silva, J.A., Sabagh, A.EL, Rashid, M.H. and Barutçular, C. (2019). Effect of Naphthaleneacetic acid on root and plant growth and yield of ten irrigated wheat genotypes. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 51: 451-459.
- Jutta, L.M. (2000). Indole-3-butyric acid in plant growth and development. Plant Growth Regulators. 32: 219-230.
- Kappus, H. (1985). Lipid peroxidation: mechanisms, analysis, enzymology and biological relevance. In: Sies H, ed. Oxidative stress. London: Academic Press. Pp, 273-310.
- Ouariti, H. and Ghorbal, M.H. (1997). Responses of bean and tomato plants to cadmium: growth, mineral nutrition and nitrate reduction. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 35: 347-354.
- Pakistan Economic Survey. (2012). Agriculture in survey report 2012. Islamabad: Ministry of Finance, 17-32.
- Petri, J.L., Leite, B.G. and Couto, M. (2010). Effect of growth regulators on ‘Gala’ Apple fructification. UFPEL - Universidade Federal de Pelotas, C.P. 354, 96010-900.
- Pichtel, J. (2016). Oil and gas production wastewater: soil contamination and pollution prevention. Applied and Environmental Soil Science. 2: 79-89.
- Poschenrieder, C., Gunse, B. and Barcelo, J. (1989). Influence of cadmium on water relations, stomatal resistance and abscisic acid content in expanding bean leaves. Plant Physiology. 90: 1365-71.
- Savita, G., Singh, P.V. and Maurya, N.J. (2011). Responses of Pisum sativum L. to exogenous Indole Acetic Acid application under manganese toxicity. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 86: 605-609.
- Sudadi, S. (2012). Exogenous application of tryptophan and indole acetic acid (IAA) to induce root nodule formation and increase yield of soybean. Agricultural Science Research Journal. 2: 134-139.
- Van der Werf, A., Nagel, O.W. (1996). Carbon allocation to shoots and roots in relation to nitrogen supply is mediated by cytokinins and sucrose: opinion. Plant Soil. 185: 21-32.
Submitted Date : 13-05-2021
Accepted Date : 26-06-2021