Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Response of chickpea genotypes to drought stress under normal and late sown conditions
First Online 15-11-2018|
- Bidinger, F.R., Mahalaxmi, V., Talukdar, B.J. and Algarswamy, G. (1982). Improvement of drought resistance in pearl millet. workshop on Principles and Methods of Crop Improvement for Drought Resistance with Emphasis on Rice, IRRI, Los Banos, Phillipines, on May. 4-8th 1981: 45-49.
- Blum, A. (1988). Plant Breeding for Stress Environments. CRC Press, Florida : 212.
- Dehal, I.B., Kalia, R. and Kumar, B. (2016). Genetic estimates and path coefficient analysis in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under normal and late sown environments. Legume Research, 39 (4) : 510-516.
- Ghiabi, S., Sharafi, S. and Talebi, R. (2013). Morpho-physiological and biochemical alternation Responses in Different Chickpea Genotypes under two Constructing Water Regimes. Inernational Journal of Biosciences. 3 (8): 57-65.
- Hall, A.E. (1993). Is dehydration tolerance relevant to genotypic differences in leaf senescence and crop adaptation to dry environments In: T.J. Close and Bray, E.A. (Eds.), Plant Responses to Cellular Dehydration During Environmental Stress: 1-10.
- Hamwieh, A., Imtiaz, M. and Malhotra, R.S. (2013). Multi-environment QTL analyses for drought-related traits in a recombinant inbred population of chickpea (Cicer arientinum L.). Theoretical and Applied Genetics, 126:1025-1038.
- Hamwieh, A. and Imtiaz, M. (2015). Identifying water-responsive and drought-tolerant chickpea genotypes. Crop & Pasture Science, 66:1003-1011.
- Hussain, N.,Aslam, M., Ghaffar, A., Irshad, M. andUd-Din, N. (2015). Chickpea genotypes evaluation for morpho-yield traits under water stress conditions. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 25(1): 206-211.
- Levitt, J. (1980). Responses of plant to environmental stress: water, radiation, salt and other stresses. Academic Press, New York, 365.
- Meena, H.P., Kumar, J. and Ramesh, M. (2014). Evaluation of the reaction of chickpea (Cýcer arietinum L.) genotypes to drought conditions using various stress tolerance indices. Legume Research, 37 (5):453-459.
- Meena, H.P. and Kumar, J. (2015). Estimation of mean performance and genetic association of yield components and drought related traits in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Legume Research, 38 (1): 85-90.
- Ramirez, P. and Kelly, J.D. (1998). Traits related to drought resistance in common bean. Euphytica, 99: 127-136.
- Sabaghpour, S.H., Sadeghi, E. and Malhotra, S. (2003). Present status and future prospects of chickpea cultivation in Iran. International Chickpea Conference. 20-22 Jan, 2003, India.
- Sabaghpour, S. H.,Mahmodi, A.K., Saeed, A., Kamel, M. and Malhotra, R.S. (2006). Study on chickpea drought tolerance lines under dry land condition of Iran. Indian J. Crop Science, 1 (1-2): 70-73.
- Singh, K.B., Hawtin, G.C., Nene, Y.L. and Reddy, M.V. (1981). Resistance in chickpea to ascochyta blight. Plant Disease, 65:586- 587.
- Singh, K.B., Bejiga, G., Malhotra, R.S. (1990). Associations of some characters with seed yieldin chickpea collections. Euphytica, 49:83-88.
- Talebi R, Baghebani, N., Karami, E. and Ensafi, M.H.(2011). Defining selection indices for drought tolerance in chickpea under terminal drought stresses. Journal of Applied Biological Science, 5(3):33-38.
- Talebi R.,Ensafi, M.H., Baghbani, N.,Karami, E. and Mohammadi, K.H. (2013). Physiological responses of chickpea genotypes to drought stress. Environmenatal & Experimental Biology, 11: 9-15.
- Taleei, A. and Shaabanib, J. (2016). Yield potential analysis of kabuli chickpea genotypes in water stress conditions. Advanced Science and Technology Letters, 142:1-8
- Toker C., Cancý, H. and Yýldýrým, T. (2007). Evaluation of perennial wild cicer species for drought resistance. Genetics Resources & Crop Evolution, 54:1781-1786.
- TUIK, (2015). https://biruni.tuik.gov.tr/medas/?kn=104&locale=tr.
- Ulemale, C.S., Mate, S.N. and Deshmukh, D.V. (2013). Physiological Indices for drought tolerance in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 9 (2): 123-131.
- Yucel, D., Turkeri, M., Mart, D. and Angin, N. (2017). Evaluation on drought and heat tolerance capacity of chickpea. Int. J of Agro. And Agri. Res. 10 (6): 106-11
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.