Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of Integrated Nutrient Management on Seed Vigour Potential of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) during Ambient Storage
First Online 17-02-2020|
- Amjad, M. and Anjum, M. A. (2002). Effect of relative humidity and ageing period on the quality of onion seed. Intern. J. Agric. and Bio. 4:291-296.
- Arefi, H.M. and Abdi, N. (2003). Study of variation and seed deterioration of Festuca ovina germplasm in natural resources genebank. Iranian J. Rangelands and Forests Pl. Breeding and Genet. Res. 11:105-125.
- Abdul-Baki, A.A. and Anderson, J.D. (1973). Vigour determination in soybean by multiple criteria. Crop Sci. 10: 31-34.
- Barton, L.V. (1964). Seed Preservation and Longevity. Inter-social Publishers, Inc. New York, pp: 138-157.
- Basra, S.M.A., Ahmad, N., Khan, M.M., Iqbal, N. and Cheema, M.A. (2003). Assessment of cotton seed deterioration during accelerated ageing. Seed Sci. & Technol. 31:531-540.
- Bewley, J.D. and Black, M. (1994). Seeds, Physiology of Development and Germination, 2nd Edition, New York, Plenum Press, 445.
- Chiristiansen, H.R. and Rowland, R. (1981) Cotton physiology seed and germination. In: Proceedings of Beltwide Cotton Production Research Conferences, J.M. (Ed.), 4-8 Jan, New Orleans.
- Deepika, V. and Yadav, A. (2014). Effect of seed storage on seed viability, germinability and morphological characteristics of karonda (Carissa carandas) seedlings. Asian J. Adv. Basic Sci. 2: 2347-4114.
- Delouche, J.C. (1968). American in The Proc. 23rd Corn and Sorghum Res. Conf. Seed Trade Assn.Washington D.C. Physiology of seed storage. Pp: 83-90.
- Dhakal, M.R. and Pandey, A.K. (2001). Storage potential of niger (Guizotia abyssinica) seeds under ambient conditions, Seed Sci. and Technol. 29:205 - 213.
- Duffus, C.M. and Slaughter, J.C. (2003). Seed and Their Uses.1980, J. Wiley and Sons. New York.
- Goel, A., Goel, A.K. and Sheoran, I.S. (2003). Changes in oxidative stress enzymes during artificial ageing in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) seeds. J. Plant Physiol. pp: 1093–1100.
- ISTA., International Rules for Seed Testing (2011). Chapter 5: the Germination Test. 2011, ISBN 978-3- 906549-53-8. International Seed Testing Association, Baserdorf, Switzerland.
- James, E. (1964). Preservation and seed stocks. Adv. Agron. 19:87-106.
- Khan, M.M., Abbas, M., Awan, F.S., Shahid, M., Ali, M. and Ahmad, S. (2013). Physio-biochemical and genetic changes in stored pea (Pisum sativum) seeds. Intern. J. of agric. & bio. 15: 951-956.
- Kumar, S. and Verma, S. S. (2008). Studies on viability and vigour in fenugreek seeds stored under ambient conditions. Haryana J. Horti. Sci. 37: 349-352.
- Kumari, S., Amar, K. and Tehlan, S. K. (2014). Study on biochemical changes associated with seed viability and its deterioration under ambient conditions in fenugreek. Annals Agri-Bio Res. 19: 754-756.
- Laxminarayana, K. and Patiram. (2006). Effect of integrated use of inorganic, biological and organic manures on rice productivity and soil fertility in Ultisols of Mizoram. J. of the Ind. Soc. of Soil Sci. 54: 213–220
- Meena, R.A., Rathinavel, K. and Singh, P. (1994). Seed development and maturation in cotton. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 64:111-113.
- Nagarajan, S., Sinha, J.P. and Pandita, V.K. (2004). Accelerated ageing behaviour of okra seed lots conditioned to different moisture levels and its relation to seed water characteristics. Seed Res. 32:113-117.
- Namvar, A., Rauf, S. S., Teymur, K. and Majid, J. M. (2013). Seed inoculation inorganic nitrogen fertilization effects on some physiological and agronomical traits of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in irrigated conditions. J. Cen Euro Agric. 14: 28-40.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, 4th Ed., ICAR, New Delhi
- Roberts, E.H. (1972). Storage environment and control of viability, cytological, genetical and metabolic changes associated with loss of viability. Inc: Viability of seeds. [Roberts, E.H., 1972, (ed.)] Chapman and Hall, London.
- Saxena, O.P., Singh, G., Pakeeraiah, J., Pandey, N. (1987). Seed deterioration studies in some vegetable seeds. Acta. Hort. 215: 39-44.
- Sharma, G. D., Thakur, R., Chouhan, N. and Keram, K. S. (2015). Effect of integrated nutrient management on yield, nutrient uptake, protein content, soil fertility and economic performance of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in a Vertisol. J. of the Ind. Soc. of Soil Sci. 63:320-326.
- Sidhawani, S.K. (1991). Use of certified seeds and its contribution towards productivity. In: seminar seed industry in Haryana held on September 12-13, CCS HAU, Hisar.
- Singh, B., Bhuker, A., Mor, V. S., Dahiya, O. S. and Punia, R.C. (2015). Effect of natural ageing on seed quality of fenugreek (trigonella foenum-graecum L.). Intern. J. of Sci. Res. in Sci. and Techn. 1:243-248.
- Singh, B., Singh, C.B. and Gupta, P.C. (2003). Influence of seed ageing in Vigna species. Farm Sci. J. 12: 4-7.
- Subba Rao, N.S. and Tilak, K.V.B.R. (1977). Rhizobial culture – their role in pulse production. Souvenir Bulletin. Directorate of Pulse Development, Govt. of India, Lucknow. pp. 31-34.
- Trawatha, S.E., Tekrony, D.M. and Hidebrand, D.F. (1995). Relationship of soybean seed quality to fatty acid and C6-Aldehyde levels during storage. Crop Sci. 35:1415-1422.
- Verma, S.S., Verma, U. and Tomer, R.P.S. (2003). Studies on seed quality parameters in deteriorating seeds in brassica (Brassica campestris). Seed Sci. & Technol. 31:389-396.
- Virmani, S.M. (1994). The twenty first – Dr. R.V. Tamhane memorial Lecture: UNCEED Agenda 21: The new challenge for soil research. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 42:516-523.
- Willson, D.O. and McDonald, M.B. (1986). The lipid peroxidation model of seed deterioration. Seed Sci. & Technol. 14:269-300.
- Yadav, B.D and Khurana, S.C. (2005). Effect of growth substances and azotobacter on quality of seed produced by different order umbels in transplanted fennel. Indian. J. Hort. 62: 52-55.
- Zamani, A., Sadat, N.S.A., Tavakol, A.R., Iran, N.H., Ali, A.G. and Tavakoli A. (2010). Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes activity under natural and accelerated ageing in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) seed. Iranian J. Agric. Sci. 41:545–554.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.