Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Productivity and profitability of legume-cereal forages under different planting ratio and nitrogen fertilization
First Online 20-08-2018|
- AOAC, (2005). Official Methods of Analysis, Eighteenth revised. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- Ayub M, Nadeem M A, Sharar M S and Mahmood N. (2002). Response of maize (Zea mays L.) fodder to different levels of nitrogen and phosphorus. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 1: 352–4.
- Gomez K A and Gomez A A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research, John Willey and Sons, Singapore. p 680.
- Iqbal, A., Akbar N., Khan H. Z., Abbas R. N. and Ahmad J. (2012). Productivity of summer legume forages intercropped with maize as affected by mixed cropping in different sowing techniques. J. Anim. Plant Sci. 22:758-763.
- Kumar S, Rawat CR and Melkania NP. (2005). Fodder production potential and economics of maize (Zea mays) and cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) intercropping under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy 50: 184-186.
- Kumar, R., Rathore, DK, Singh, M., Kumar, P. and Khippal, A. (2016a). Effect of phosphorus and zinc nutrition on growth and yield of fodder cowpea. Legume Research-An International Journal 39(2):262-267.
- Kumar, R., Rathore, DK., Singh, M., Kumar, P. and Khippal, A. (2016). Effect of phosphorus and zinc nutrition on growth and yield of fodder cowpea. Legume Research-An International Journal 39(2):262-267.
- Kumar, R., Singh, M, Tomar, SK, Meena, BS and Rathore, DK. (2016b). Productivity and nutritive parameters of fodder maize under varying plant density and fertility levels for improved animal productivity. Indian Journal of Animal Research 50(2):199-202.
- Kumar, R., Singh, M., Meena, B.S., Kumar, S., Yadav, M.R., Parihar, C.M., Ram, H., Meena, R.K., Meena, V.K. and Kumar, U. (2017a). Quality characteristics and nutrient yield of fodder maize (Zea mays) as influenced by seeding density and nutrient levels in Indo-Gangetic Plains. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 87(9): 1203–8.
- Kumar, R., Singh, M., Meena, B.S., Ram, H., Parihar, C.M., Kumar, S, Yadav, M.R., Meena, R.K., Kumar, U. and Meena, V.K.. (2017b). Zinc management effects on quality and nutrient yield of fodder maize (Zea mays L.). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 87(8): 1013–7.
- Kumar, S., Rawat, C.R. and Melkania, N.P. (2005). Fodder production potential and economics of maize (Zea mays) and cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) intercropping under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy 50: 184-186.
- Malhi, S. S., Zentner R. P. and Heier K. (2002). Effectiveness of alfalfa in reducing fertilizer N input for optimum forage yield, protein concentration, returns and energy performance of bromegrass-alfalfa mixtures. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys. 62: 219-227.
- Nadeem, M. A., Iqbal, Z., Ayub, M., Mubeen, K. and Ibrahim, M. (2009). Effect of nitrogen application on forage yield and quality of maize sown alone and in mixture with legumes. Pakistan Journal of Life Social Science 7: 161-167.
- Nadeem, M. A., Iqbal Z., Ayub M., Mubeen K. and Ibrahim M. (2009). Effect of nitrogen application on forage yield and quality of maize sown alone and in mixture with legumes. Pak J. Life Soc. Sci. 7:161-167.
- Olsen, S.R. and Watanabe, F.S., 1957. A method to determine a phosphorus adsorption maximum of soils as measured by the Langmuir isotherm. Soil Science Society of America Journal 21(2):144-149.
- Parihar, C.M., Yadav M.R., Jat S.L., Singh A.K., Kumar, B., Pradhan, S., Chakraborty, D., et al. (2016). Long term effect of conservation agriculture in maize rotations on total organic carbon, physical and biological properties of a sandy loam soil in north- western Indo-Gangetic Plains. Soil and Tillage Research 161: 116–28.
- Parihar, C.M., Yadav, M.R., Jat, S.L., Singh, A.K., Kumar, B., Pooniya, V., Pradhan, S., Verma, R.K., Jat, M.L., Jat R.K. and Y.S. Saharawat. (2017). Long term conservation agriculture and intensified cropping systems: effect on growth, yield, water and energy-use efficiency of maize in North-estern India. Pedosphere DOI:10.1016/S1002-0160(17)60468-5.
- Prasad R, Shivay Y S, Kumar D and Sharma N. (2006). Learning by doing exercise in soil fertility. A practical manual for soil fertility, Division of Agronomy, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, pp 68-70.
- Tripathi, S. B. and Hazra, C. R. (2002). Forage productivity of winter maize under legume covers as influenced by Nitrogen fertilization. Forage Res. 28: 55-58.
- Yadav, M R; Kumar, R, Parihar, C M, Yadav, R K, Jat, S L, Ram, H, Meena, R K, Singh, M, Birbal, Verma, A P, et al. (2017c). Strategies for improving nitrogen use efficiency: A review. Agricultural Reviews 38(1):29-41.
- Yadav, M.R., Parihar, C.M., Jat, S.L., Singh, A.K., Kumar, D., Pooniya, V., Parihar, M.D., et al. (2016). Effect of long-term tillage and diversified crop rotations on nutrient uptake, profitability and energetics of maize (Zea mays) in north-western India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 86(6):743–9.
- Yadav, M.R., Parihar, C.M., Jat, S.L., Singh, A.K., Kumar, R., Yadav, R.K., Kuri, B.R., et al. (2017a). Long term effect of legume intensified crop rotations and tillage practices on productivity and profitability of maize vis-a-vis soil fertility in North- Western Indo-Gangetic Plains of India. Legume Research 40(2):282-90.
- Yadav, M.R., Parihar, C.M., Jat, S.L., Singh, A.K., Kumar, R., Yadav, R.K., Kuri, B.R., et al., (2017b). Impact of legume intensified crop rotations and tillage practices on maize productivity vis-à-vis C and N dynamics of a sandy loam soil in northwestern Indo-Gangetic plains of India. Legume Research 40(6):1028-37.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.