- Ahlawat, I.P.S.; Gangaiah, B. and Singh, O. (2005). Production potential of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) - based intercropping systems under irrigated conditions. Indian J. Agron. 50 (1): 27-30.
- Akpinar, M.G.; Ozkan, B.; Sayin, C. and Fert, C. (2009). An input-output energy analysis on main and double cropping sesame production. J. Food Agric. Environ.7: 464-467.
- Alam, M.S.; Alam, M.R. and Islam, K.K. (2005). Energy flow in agriculture: Bangladesh. American J. Environ. Sci. 1 (3): 213–220.
- Anonymous.(2014). Department of Agriculture and Co-operation.Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Binning, A.S.; Pathak, B.S. and Panesar. (1983). The energy audit of crop production system research report. School of Energy Studies for Agriculture: Panjab Agricultural University. Ludhiana, Panjab (India).
- Chhetri, B.; Dahal, D.; Mahato, S.K. and Kaswas, T. (2015). Moisture conservation practices in blackgram (Vigna mungo L.) based intercropping system under rainfed condition. Int. J. Agri. Sci. 7 (3): 454-459.
- Erdal, G.; Esengun, K.; Erdal, H. and Gunduz, O. (2007). Energy use and economical analysis of sugar beet production in Tokat province of Turkey. Energy 32: 35–41.
- Gomez, K. A. and Gomaz, A. A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. John Wiley & Sons, Singapore.
- Gopalan, C.; Sastri, B.V.R. and Balasubramaniam, S.C. (1978). Nutritive value of Indian foods. National Institute of Nutrition, ICMR, Hyderabad.
- Green, M.B. (1987). Energy in pesticide manufacture, distribution and use. In: Energy in Plant Nutrition and Pest Control. [Helsel, Z.R. (Ed.)], Elsevier Scientific Publishers, Amsterdam, pp. 165–177.
- Hulsbergen, K.J.; Feil, B.; Biermann, S.; Rathke, G.W.; Kalk, W.D. and Diepenbrock, W. (2001). A method of energy balancing in crop production and its application in a long-term fertilizer trial. Agric. Eco. Envt. 86: 303–321.
- Karimi, M.; Beheshti T.I. and Khubbakht, G.M. (2008). Energy production in Iran’s agronomy. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 4 (2):172-177.
- Khola, O.P.S.; Dube, R.K. and Sharma, N.K. (2000). Conservation and production ability of maize (Zea mays)–legume intercropping systems under varying dates of sowing. Indian J. Agron. 44 (1): 40- 46.
- Meena, S.L.;Shamsudheen, M. and Dayal, D. (2008). Impact of row ratio and nutrient management on performance of clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) + sesame (Sesamum indicum) intercropping system. Indian J. Agron. 53 (4): 285-289.
- Prajapat, K.; Shivran, A.C.; Choudhary, G.L. and Choudhary, H.R. (2012). Influence of planting pattern and sulphur on mungbean (Vigna radiate L.) and sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) intercropping under semi-arid region of Rajasthan. Indian J. Agron. 57 (1): 89-91.
- Purkayastha, A. (2009). Food Security and the national initiatives. Indian Farming 11-18.
- Rockstrom, J.; Wani, S.; Oweis T. and Hatibu, N. (2007). Managing water in rainfed agriculture. Water for food, water for life. A comparihensive assessment in water management in agriculture sponsored by Ramsar, CGISER, FAO and CBD.Earyh scan, London, U.K. Pp. 315-348.
- Sarkar, R.K. and Sanyal, S.R. (2000). Production potential and economic feasibility of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) based intercropping system with pulse and oilseed crops on rice fallow land. Indian J.Agril. Sci. 45: 545–50.
- Sarkar, R.K.; Malik, G.C. and Goswami, S. (2003). Productivity potential and economic feasibility of sesame (Sesamum indicum) based intercropping system with different planting patterns on rainfed upland. Indian J. Agron. 48 (3): 164-167.
- Sinha, K.K.; Mishra, S.S. and Singh, S.J. (1999). Yield and economics as influenced by winter maize based intercropping systems in North Bihar. Indian J. Agron. 44 (1): 30-35.
- Tiwari, K.P.; Namdev, K.N.; Tomar, R.K.S. and Raghu, J.S. (1994). Intercropping of sesame (Sesamum indicum) with soybean (Glycine max), green gram (Phaseolus radiatus) and kodomillet (Paspalum scrobiculatum). Indian J. Agron. 39 (3): 455-457.
- Tripathi, A.K.; Kumar, A. and Nath, S. (2010). Production potential and monetary advantage of winter maize (Zea mays)-based intercropping systems under irrigated conditions in Central Uttar Pradesh. Indian. J. Agril. Sci. 80 (2): 125-128.
- Tripathi, H.N.; Chand, S. and Tripathi, A.K. (2005). Biological and economical feasibility of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) + Indian mustard (Brassica juncea) cropping systems under varying levels of phosphorus. Indian J. Agron. 50 (1): 31–34.
- Willey, R.W. (1979). Intercropping-its importance and research needs, Part-I Competition and yield advantages. Field Crop Abstract 32: 1-10.
Submitted Date : 25-11-2017
Accepted Date : 27-04-2019